Dog Fight / The Saga Continues

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I'm in the yard beating the rugs half to death.

My dogs laying nearby snoozing and keeping me company out there as I piddle around.

Then I hear this horrible screech comeing from out front.

The neighbors dogs are back and again near my front porch. One of them, the largest dog had one of our barn kitties who had been sleeping on the porch rocking chair and was shaking her in his mouth.

My dogs heard the comotion the same time I did and we all made a bee line around to the front to see this. My dogs jumped that dog and were tearing him to pieces, but he still would not turn loose of the cat. I was screaming for the boys who came running too a second later. My german shephard backed off the minute I told her too, but not our other dog who is quite the scrapper. We pulled him off but between all of us we had a very hard time getting the cat free from the dog. My main concern was our little kitty. When we finally did, our dog had made short work of the other dog and without going into the gruesome details, there was a bloody mess and I know there were guts. That dog ran home across the road dripping blood, among other things but our dogs unscathed.

I looked toward their house and I could see the owner of the dogs just standing there in his driveway not doing a darn thing. I don't know how he could just stand there and watch his dog try to kill our cat or watch our dogs try to kill his dog. So I went to the end of our driveway all freaked out and hollered at him to keep his dogs on his own property as loud as I could. I guess I sounded like a crazy woman. The boys said I was totally a nut case screaming like that. He did nothing as his dogs ran towards him up his driveway and just walked inside the house. I don't know if he even tended to the very serious wounds that were inflicted on his dog, and trust me that dog needed a vet and stitches and had to be in shock, but I watched for hours and his car never moved from his driveway so I am sure that dog has gone without vet treatment.

I feel so sick inside for that dog being hurt so badly by my dog, but my dogs are territorial and that's how they are and I won't apoligize for that.

Again I will still stick up for the dogs and I do not blame those dogs for coming over here I blame the owners for allowing them to roam at large yet again and again and leave them unattened constantly. But the dogs now have suffered due to their irresponsibilty.

Our old cat was very upset and scared and in shock and the dog didn't break the skin anywhere but did pull a lot of her hair out. She's here in the blanket and she's going to be ok. We gave her some first aid topical stuff and we gave her some canned food that we keep in here for emergencys so she doesn't have to go back out to the tack room for her meow mix tonite. She's been purring and sleeping.

It was so peacful around her until they moved in.

Thanks for letting me vent.

GOD Marty! That is horrible! I'm so glad your kitty will be alright! I feel so sorry for those poor dogs, no dog should be owned by someone as cruel as that person. Is there anyway you can call a shelter or the humane society and have the dogs removed?

Lisa,

The frustrtating thing for Marty is there is absolutely now humane society, shelter, or animal control any where near her. All animals are at the mercy of their owners.
sad.gif

MA

You are a much better person than I am. My response would not have been nearly as restrained as yours. With only a couple of exceptions over the course of my 59 years we have pretty much always had neighbors who were a pleasure to live beside. From the sounds of things yours should never have been allowed to reproduce, let alone own domestic animals. I do hope that you manage to get new neighbors soon (do they rent this house or own it ?). To bad for those dogs that they ended up living on the wrong side of the road.

Marty in this case I think you should make an exception and get a gun...

and shoot the neighbors
biggrin.gif

I can't belive people now a days. My mom's neighbors did the same thing when his odgs (3) attacked my minis whom we were walking on leads. Smarty even got bit and everyone was quarenteened for 10 days. Smarty was on antibiotics for 10 days due to a puncture from one of the dogs. The gut just sat on his lawnmower while his girl friend tried to get the dogs off the horses. My vet came and we contacted the dog officer who has had many run ins with this guy. The guy beats his dogs when they are bad, he even ran over his Boston terrier and cut his foot wide open. My mom and I helped him bandage it up untill the next day when he promised he was giong to bring him to the vet. Well needless to say the dog didn't go, his foot hasn't healed right and he leaves the dog out 24/7 with a little plastic play house for shelter and a little water. He even did this in that 100 degree weather with nasty humidity.

I also think you should shoot the neighbors
biggrin.gif

Christy

Get a gun & shoot up into the air a few times when you see the dogs near your place & when you know your neighbor will hear the shots. He may take you seriously then. Of course he may take care of the dogs then with his own gun. Leave them be to continue to get hurt, injured etc or end their lives now - cruelty either way but a sad fact of life.

Marty, I know you will not get a gun, but you do need to something. Surely to God it is illegal to leave an animal without Veterinary care?? A good point had just been made- do these people rent?? If so, contact the owners and complain about the way they are behaving.

UPDATE: The man is home today. Guess he didn't have to work. Heard him out front talking to the meter man really loud in his fake put on "good ole boy accent".....amazing, he's only been here two months and already speaks " mountain"? Geesh, the guy is from Hoboken New Jersey for pete's sakes! Gimee a break. This community will never accept him if he does stupid things like that.

Haven't seen the dogs at all, but heard them barking all night long as usual. Maybe he's building them a pen? Wishful thinking.

He did buy the place. Bought it from the widow Bea. Her husband had a heart attack and passed last year.

The thing I LOVE is that is where the "White Thing" lives and has been sighted so many times. Right there in the forest that he owns! YIP YIP YIP! They already have been asking around about what could be causing some "damage" over thar....hehe......no one answers him, except of course I said we had an "IT"

He'll see it eventually and I'll be there on the porch cracking up. "IT" doesn't bother anyone but he isn't going to know that.

Just maybe "IT" will come on out to play with him ! hehe.....giggles

Maybe it will scare the crap outta them and get them to move.
biggrin.gif

If not, I feel really sorry for these people on Halloween week. We're used to it already and well, now I"m the one with the teens.
wink.gif

They have NO idea what really goes on around here.......
new_rofl.gif

Boy, are they in for a big surprise.
yes.gif

I'm sure the boys and their friends are already plotting
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

Get a BB gun, Marty. Or a super soaker water pistol. Have you seen the foot shaped concrete path blocks? Bust some of the back of the foot off and a couple of the toes. Make a print in the mud. Make sure your neighbor sees it. LOL

You are so bad!

Fran

Marty, I'm so glad your cat and your dogs are ok. I can't imagine how scary that all was. I think I would have yelled at the neighbor too! I wish he would get responsible, but that must be hoping for too much.
rolleyes.gif

I'm with you, Marty, let the dang fool think you're nuts! Being a southern California native and being single til 34 years, I learned that if folks think your crazy, they'll leave you alone. Trust me, if this yahoo is from New Jersey, taking the tack you did by yellin at him probably did "the trick"!

My 10 year old son and I are left to our own devices 75% of the time up here in the Northwoods of Wisconsin...town population of 590! Folks think Miss Cindy is a little off kilter and that's just the way I like it! Kids and animals love folks like us, fools and those with ill intentions think twice about messin with us "crazies".

Ever hear the term "crazy lady".....at least you're a lady! Wear it like a badge of honor, I'm so very proud of you!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back