Does this sound like someone has been hacked?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
I got this email this morning. Although the address is in my address book I do not know this woman (I removed her name for privacy). I bought 2 dogs from her last September. That is why she is in my address book. This is the email in it's entirety except the name is removed at the end. What do you all think?

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my fam and I came down here to Wales,United

Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where

we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still

have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and

our flight leaves in less than 3hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel

bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills,i'm freaked out

at the moment.

It's a well documented scam. People are using the same scam via the telephone, telling elderly people that their grandson or granddaughter is in jail in another country and needs cash to bail out. Unfortunately, people fall for it all the time.

This came from an email address that in in my book.
You are correct, her/his email was most likely hacked and everyone in her/his contact list got the same email. It's pretty easy to hack an email account, especially if its a "free" site like hotmail, gmail, etc. I've seen this email before. Most scams have bad grammar and spelling.

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/blog/index.php/2010/01/08/travel-scam-alert-your-friend-was-not-mugged/

default_smile.png

It is most definantly a scam, a friend of mine sent me an e-mail asking for $1500 as she was mugged and in UK needed to settle her bills before leaving it was even signed using her name. It wasn't her, I knew it wasn't immediatly and was sent to everyone in her address book. when she found out she sent us all a response. And to add, she is a detective! I think this is some one in law enforcement, just my opinion. hit delete

I got that exact message on FB from a friend while I was IN the UK last summer. I knew for a fact she was safe at home! Scam.

Leia

Latest posts

Back