Does this sound like SCAM to you?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
A friend of mine received the following email in response to an ad for a horse for sale (not on LB, but elsewhere). It doesn't "ring true" to me for a number of reasons and sounds quite a bit like others I've read about on here. She did reply with the information he asked for and is now wating to see if he writes again. Here's the email:

Hello,

My name is young i saw your advert placement of your (HORSE) which am interesting in purchasing it.. I want you to answer all the following question before below :

1)Why do you want to sell it

2)For how long do you have it

3)Is it well okay or what' i mean the present condition.

4)And am located in Sweden and i want to purchase your horse to good loving caring home..I promise your horse will be in good home and my family will take good care of your horse..

5)I want to know if you have is health certficate and you have deworn your horse.

6)And i will like to have the recent pictures of it .

7)So email me direct to my mail box at (younggerome_gmail@com)...

8)And your LAST ASKING PRICE please get back to me.And i want you to understand that my mode of payment lays on U.S certified bank cashier's cheque or money order and i will be handle the pick up....

Thanks

I guess if I have to ask because it doesn't "feel right", it probably is a scam, but I told my friend I would ask anyway.

Thanks for any thoughts and input you may have.

BTW, what are the requirements for shipping a horse overseas from Canada? It's probably similar to shipping from the U.S., but still. I'm just curious.

no.gif
TOTAL SCAM

I'm going to join the club of 'scamee' too.
default_laugh.png

As far as exporting horses, you should contact quarantine stations closest to you and ask for information. I can tell you that here all arrangements are made between the buyer and the quarantine facility. We (our farm) has nothing to do except get the Coggins and US health certificate like we would for any horse we sold.

Charlotte

The horrible grammar and spelling are the first clues and the fact that they are saying they will pay by money order, etc... and are 'shipping the horse overseas'.

This is without a doubt a scam.

The horrible grammar and spelling are the first clues and the fact that they are saying they will pay by money order, etc... and are 'shipping the horse overseas'.

This is without a doubt a scam.

SCAM! Watch out!

Don't forget that if anyone CLAIMS to be AMHA related or interested etc etc you can always call us or email us and we can tell you if that "individual" has done business with us...

I still can't believe the effort some people go to to scam...

Latest posts

Back