Does this look like small pony size?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Capriole

Reaction score
I ordered the small pony size (under 12 hands) because he's around 42-43 inches....but it looks ginormous 😂 I don't think I can adjust it either...I hate having to return things.
I better check the harness in case it has to go back too 😣

IMG_20211110_104808.jpg

I really hate how the noseband doesn't lie flat...

Capriole

Reaction score
I sent a picture to the place I got it with my concerns....and they said it was way too big for him, to return it and they will probably have to make a custom one for him....I already had measurements from when I was making a rope halter, but I re-measured several times anyway just to make sure.
The new one came a few days ago, but I just got around to trying it on .......It almost fits Farah! (15H Arab) 😆

I haven't contacted them yet because I feel bad being such a pain....but, i really don't have any use for one that size (that is on the last hole on every strap....I really don't think even making more holes is going to help....I'm wondering if they just sent the wrong one?

Attachments

Abby P

Reaction score
I mean, to me the first one looked pretty close (closer than the second one, for sure! 🤣). FWIW that second strap I don't think is meant to be a throatlatch - it's supposed to go under the jaw like that. It looks like if they just made the lower of the two diagonal straps slightly shorter, the noseband would hang level, and it would be fine. The second one is just funny, I mean it must be double the size of the first one! Looks like a different design, too? Maybe they did just send you the wrong thing and someone with a full-sized horse got a teeny mini one and is saying, what the? :)

Capriole

Reaction score
The first one didn't have a throatlatch... They suggested it might be better to get the design with the throat latch for the replacement.
The first one is looser than it appears in the picture... But, yeah way closer than the second one 😂
(They are both adjusted on the last holes)

Latest posts