Does everybody show/breed here?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont show or breed!
biggrin.gif

Unless you count the 2 twighlight speed shows in 2004 - or the fact that I did breed one horse
rolleyes.gif
Other wise, nope! I train, kid proof, and re sell for the most part.

New_Image said:
I dont show or breed! 
biggrin.gif

Unless you count the 2 twighlight speed shows in 2004 - or the fact that I did breed one horse 
rolleyes.gif
Other wise, nope! I train, kid proof, and re sell for the most part.

516619[/snapback]

wait a minute haven't you had a couple foals now
wacko.gif
one mini and one quarter?

I have produced one foal in about 13 years of mini ownership and have shown at 3 open shows and actually it was my kid showing not me. I handled mini's in the ring once for friend it was fun but the whole thing is WAYYYYY outta my league to darn expensive
wink.gif

you will find me on the back porch of the forum mostly...I have been around a long time but am feeling it is time for this old nag(whopping 36 here
wink.gif
) to be off to the glue factory
new_shocked.gif
biggrin.gif

I show, but I don't breed...one day, yes, would love to have a small group of drool-worthy broodmares, but I have no interest in ever owning a stallion or any of that jazz. I've decided I'd rather just take my hobby very seriously, instead of letting my hobby become very serious.
laugh.gif

I'm a firm believer that if your ponies are happy and you're happy, it's your dollar, and your business. Just treat your horses well, with consideration and a good lick of common sense about the whole venture. If you don't want to show or breed, don't (just don't judge people who do), and if you want to show or breed, do (just don't judge people who don't)

Havent ever shown - but you just never know... And as far as breeding goes, well I will just have to wait and see what the future has to offer there as well!
rolleyes.gif
Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first 3 or so years that I owned minis, I only had one foal born (as I bought a pregnant mare) and I never showed. I had a ton of fun with my minis anyway!!! I started getting into show horses in 2002 and I enjoy that now, but don't think any less of owners who choose not to show. Once you start, it's like there's no turning back but I was 100% happy in horses long before I ever decided I wanted to show. I have a feeling that there are a ton of people who have minis and neither show nor breed. I have always thought that the show people were proportionally over represented on this board compared to the general mini owning population.

never have shown, don't appreciate all the clipping, greasing, spazzing, gingering, etc that goes with showing, and won't play that game. (Each to his own, not saying it can't be done, I just don't feel like doing it!) Have only bred 6 babies in 45 years of horse ownership. my "thing" used to be rescue and rehab, taking those already on the earth which had poor beginnings and helping them become productive healthy citizens and finding good homes for them. Getting ready to retire now and just like to see what's going on, keep my hand in, so to speak. Probably plenty more of us non show non breeding homes out there lurking.... it takes all of us to make the world go round... don't be ashamed to just love your little guys, there's plenty of virtue in that!
biggrin.gif

I dont show either, although I enjoy cleaning them up in the summer and seeing whats underneith all that coat.
rolleyes.gif
In our weather it gets so hot that it makes them feel better also.. But this time of year I just love letting them be "wild horses" in my back pasture. I would love it if someone offered to show one of my horses, but I myself am not cut out for the competition thing or the show circut. Too many youngsters to watch also. Mine all look like wooly yaks this time of year, but I still check them to make sure that they are holding good weight as the thick coat can be decieving to how much weight they are actually holding. I do love the babies, and continually hope to see one or both of my mares concieve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't show or breed either although I would eventually like to show off my mini at the local fair, parade etc. Use to show my QH but then pulled her from the circuit due to some training practises that simply did not justify getting a ribbon for!
no.gif
Not that these practises involved my horse but being witness to it at shows and other barns. Please I do not want this to become another topic or concern. This was over 16 yrs ago! I'm sure things have changed since.

So....I just love my critters now and sometimes my heart overflows with the pleasure I get from them.

I would love to breed any of my two mini girls however, I'm a keeper person. No horse has ever left my property once it calls my barn home. Unfortunately, this is not exactly the way I would like to operate. I would love to have a wee one especially when I see the pics of the babes on this forum. Ahhhhh...there are so darn cute.

Afraid to post a pic even if I could (computer illiterate and waiting on new system in the New Year) because I want to show off my 'ugly duckling' that is such a love, built to last, and finally has settled in. They are all getting along beautifully and I can't wait for spring! Head em out, rawhide!

biggrin.gif

P.S. I'm a firm believer that not everyone should breed. I'm one of those.
wub.gif

I got my first 2 minis 20 years ago
new_shocked.gif
. Both AMHA who had gone over. Gelded the stallion and broke them both to ride for my kids and how to drive. No showing or breeding for 6 years. We've had a total of 14 babies in 20 years, and we do not own a stallion. The thing I love most is the love they give me, and being able to share them through many community and educational venues.

OK, so winning National Championships and National Grand Championships in performance and driving isn't so bad, either....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(btw, my horses have never been razored and I have shown horses to National wins in their natural coats with baby oil highlights)

Latest posts

Back