Does anyone here-Show their minis at

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanothercowgirl

Reaction score
I was just wondering if their was anyone on the board who showed their minis at Pinto shows or even at the Pinto World show???

I know Lisa Davis does...but she isn't on here much thru the summer when she is busy showing. Wish the Pinto World was closer to me
sad.gif
....I'd DEFINITELY be there if they were!
yes.gif

I was at a Pinto show today. This is the second one I have gone to. I had a great time.

hee hee Dona no wonder you would go, you have lots of awesome pintos!!
aktion033.gif

I was wondering how it worked if the minis had their own classes or does everyone go together in halter classes?? What about performance???

I "believe" the Minis have their own classes. A separate show.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have shown pinto extensively and that is what got me into minis. I would go to the show with my paints and thought I could throw one of those cute little minis in my trailer. Went to buy one and came home with six. I have now sold out my paints and am into minis exclusively.

My overo stallion Val has gone Horse of the Year 2 years running (#1 in the nation), BB is a pinto champion, Tinka is a few points from her championship. In pinto horses accumulate lifetime points for championships as opposed to championships at individual shows. Pinto shows are very big here in Oregon and the competition is pretty stiff.

I really enjoy going as you have many different breeds doing what they do and it makes it interesting to watch. I have found the people are very nice and the shows are lower keyed than other breed shows.

Each breed has their own class;mini A and B, pony, stock/hunter, saddle/pleasure. Pinto requirement is no draft or mules; pinto colored only.

This year I am showing pinto and AMHR and going to the R nationals. Next year will be a big pinto year as we plan more pinto shows and including Western Canadian Nationals and World show.

Would be glad to answer any other questions anyone has if you will post them.

I have to brag a little bit! I showed two different PtHA World Champions in 2003 and 2004. Pictured below is Modern Snippets Sugar Daddy owned by Ralph and Christina Faulkner. He won 4 Pinto World Championships in 2003 including Miniature Champion of Champions.

11-03SugarDaddy.jpg

This is Redrock I Am Awesome, the 2004 PtHA World Champion Miniature Color Stallion.

4--05AwesomePtHAWorld.jpg

I didn't get to go this year as it conflicted with an AMHA show I was going to. I will be there next year. I have a couple of Redrock horses that just might be pretty competitive there! I love their ribbons and the belt buckles and plaques are gorgeous!!
smile.gif

Hi,

We just show at the local level. We are thinking about goin up to the Canadian Pinto National show next year, but aren't suite sure yet.

We found the pinto shows to be relaxed, but it seems (to us at least) that some of the people aren't as friendly as showing in AMHR.

Amanda

Thanks everyone for your replies and gorgeous pics, hopefully you won't mind if I PM you some more questions.
biggrin.gif

We have pretty much all pinto minis now and all of them have pinto papers. Our first pinto show this year was the World Pinto Show (we always do everything weird around here). We LOVED it though and had a great time and in spite of not having a clue (a lot of the pinto classes are run differently from AMHR classes) our family managed to do pretty well. We took four horses and came home with:

2 World Champions

3 Reserve World Champions

3 -- thirds

2 -- fourths

7 -- fifths

2 -- sixths

4 -- sevenths

1 -- eighths

2 -- ninths

The awards were beautiful and the reserve and world champion placings got super cool great big belt buckles. Of all of the placings, the one I am most proud of was "B" mini open jumping. On the results it says my name as the winner but it was really my 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER that won the class. She has a real bond with the horse that won that class and begged and begged my husband and I to let her jump him instead of me. We finally agreed to it and just figured "let her do it, since it is so important to her and even though she won't win, she will have fun".

She WON the class and it was an open class with all adults and a few of them professional trainers. We were so proud of her and excited and it was disapointing to see one of the adults she beat get angry and leave the arena BEFORE THE AWARDS WERE GIVEN OUT. Someone else went out and got that persons award.

We do have the professional pictures of the "champions and reserve champions" but I am having trouble posting pics.

OH, the other class I was very excited about was "Disciplined Rail Driving". First I was in the ammy class, screwed up a couple of times and got 7th place and then a couple of classes later I went back in the open class which was bigger, and got Reserve World Champion. I learned from the earlier class and came back under the same judges and did a much better job.

EDITED TO ADD........We actually won money too!!! My husband won the frisbee toss two nights in a row, each night winning a $100 bill. After the second night he won they made a few announcements about him, it was so unheard of to do that. We are still teasing him that he needs a belt buckle that says two time "World Pinto Horse Firsbee Throwing Champion" He grew up on the beach and all those frisbee throwing years finally paid off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back