Does anyone have the Shiloh halters from Star Lake?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Shiloh show halters from Star Lake? I like the two on the far left in the first section. Can i see what they look like on your horse? Im wondering if the noseband is to wide.

http://www.starlakefarm.com/haltershow.html

Also is the noseband flexible like the BMK show halters?

Do you think a size adult would fit a 42'' Classic Shetland? Any pony people ..?

Thank you,

Leeana

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the Shiloh, but I do have the Shephard, which is similiar except the noseband is wider in the middle. It is not as flexible as the BKM ones, but I do like mine very much. I think it looks quite similar to my Victor, except of course it doesn't have closed rings. Mine is black with white (or maybe it's silver) piping. Can't tell you anything about size for a pony but I am sure Cathy at Star Lake could help you there.

princess_cowboy_heads.gif

I also have the Shephard [several in fact] as I think it shows a head off better. I have a 41 and a half inch classic gelding and the large [mini] fits him perfectly. He has a small head though so you will have to take that into consideration.

I'm not sure if Star Lake offers those in the XL size? If not you can order them direct from Showtime (it's Showtime that makes both the Shiloh & Shepherd halters that Star Lake sells). The XL size has the same noseband as the L size, but the crown piece is bigger. The XL on the shortest hole fits about the same as the L on the longest hole. Unless the 42" shetland has a very small head I would probably buy the XL size for him.

I don't have the Shiloh, but I do have the Shepherd style with the closed rings. The noseband is not flexible like the BKM halters; it's got metal inside it, so it's quite solid. I like these halters because they do hold their shape just like the silver bar nosebands do.

I have both and perfer the shepard. You can get them closed rings now. I got mine directly from Jerry at showtime.

I have a couple of the Shepherds (a burgundy with gold and a burgundy with silver). They are like the Shiloh except the noseband is flared They're nice halters but I prefer my Victors
default_smile.png

As to sizing, it gives the measurements at the top of the page. Can you measure your horse and tell that way? If shetlands are like minis, you know... what may fit one 32" mini's head may not fit anyother of the same height.

But as it gives the pole and nose measurements, it should be easy to determine if it will fit your horse (?). Also, reading, I'm not sure if the XL mentioned is for the Designer series, or for the Califorinia leather halters... Reading it it sounds like the XL size is only those California ones, not the Designer series.

Sunny%20Shepherd%20Halter.jpg
2007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20036%20Hope%20Halter.jpg

Thank you
default_smile.png

I was trying to get a better idea of how the 1/2'' and the 1'' wide nosebands look compared to each other. I believe i will be ordering three of the Sherphards
default_aktion033.gif

Leeana

Does Showtime offer all of their halters in a closed ring?

That's the only thing holding me back from getting one from them.

Of course, I can call...they're local...just my phone allergies acting up, lol...

\

I have one of the Shepherd halters and the noseband cracked in less than a years use. I like the halter except for that. The wider noseband is flattering to a horse with a longer head, especially.

Latest posts

Back