Does anybody here use

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody uses the E.Colicin-E on newborn foals??
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

I have used it for a few foals. I had one mare whose foals would ALWAYS have terrible diarrhea for months. I tried everything to get rid of it. Things would control it, but not get rid of it. The foals would just eventually outgrow it. I worm my mares 12 hours after foaling so that wasn't what was causing the problem. And it wasn't just foal heat diarrhea. Someone suggested the mare just had rich milk BUT (??) Finally the vet suggested I try the E-coli paste on her foals after they were born, which I did and low and behold I didn't have the diarrhea problem with any of her foals again. None of my other mares or foals had problems like that. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christine I use the paste on all my new foals...It must be given within 12 hours of birth...there is another paste that works well later on also that is Foal Boost.

Judy..I got it in my fridge..But wasn't sure on dosage..it says One tube..But is that the same for minis??
wacko.gif
unsure.gif

Christine the vets have me use half a tube for each foal...It is verrrrrrrry thin so be careful when you go to give it you will lose have it because you will expect it to be thick...

zacharyfarms said:
Christine the vets have me use half a tube for each foal...It is verrrrrrrry thin so be careful when you go to give it  you will lose have it because you will expect it to be thick...
423708[/snapback]

THANK YOU!!!
cheekkiss.gif
cheers.gif

Latest posts

Back