Does any one have a horse with odd markings?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Fortune

Reaction score
Anyone? I just want to see some wild patterns. I was just talking about lacing with friend & wondered what other stange markings are out there?

Lorna

Well, as far as "strange' goes....lacing is actually getting to be pretty common on minis.

If you are looking for "unusual"....here are a couple.

"Brindle" is very unusal. This is a full-sized horse, but I know there have been a couple of people on the forum who say they have "brindle" minis. The pictures I saw didn't show the really "defined" brindle color of this horse tho.

f2f370de.jpg

And then there is "Badger Face". I saw this guy on the sales page a few years ago & thought it was so cool! It's looks like a "reverse" bald face.

f2f370df.jpg

I think my guy is a bit unusual.

Bears Snips Illustration (a.k.a. Bandit)

nash002005.jpg

The moment I first saw him, he was immediately "Bandit". I wish the mask went all the way across, but it's only half way.

nash007019.jpg

He has two blue eyes and I suspected LWO, but had him tested and he is negative. Also, not homozygous for Tobiano, but I believe he carries Sabino and Splash in addition to his single Tobiano gene. This year he produced one black and white filly

nash004002.jpg

Songcatchers Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

plus three loud marked sorrel and white Toveros, one solid white (except for a small sorrel Medicine Hat), one solid black, and one solid bay.

He's not a mini, but Always thought my colt Jinx was unique!~
wink.gif

Jinxlayingpasture.jpg

Jinxsilly.jpg

Jinxface.jpg

This is my filly, Reflections What A Star. I don't have her home yet, so I can't take any close-ups of her head. However, you can see her right ear is red, and it is a separate marking from the rest of the markings on her head. The inside of her left ear is red, but the outside is white.

7-05WhatAStar.jpg

WhatAStarJuly05cropped.jpg

I love the markings on our new fillys face. Looks like a tear .

th_janekittycropped.jpg

I've posted this picture before, but I love the face markings on our filly SR Limited Edition:

babies021.jpg

maryann said:
I love the markings on our new fillys face. Looks like a tear .
th_janekittycropped.jpg

442333[/snapback]

WOW....she looks so cool, Maryann! Do you have any pics showing the other side of her face? Neat filly!

Thanks , we think she is neat too. We still can't believe she is ours.

Here are pics of both sides. the right is not as remarkable but still very kissable. LOl
new_shocked.gif

janeleft.jpg

janerightwithmom.jpg

Ooooooooooo.....she has a pretty Mama too!
yes.gif
Is your filly homozygous?

We plan on having her tested as soon as the papers are here and in order and in our name. We are still in disblelief that we actually own this little cutie. Her moms previous owners said she has only had black pinto babies so I think our chances are good. Maryann

Gosh he is a beauty!

-Gage-

Songcatcher said:
I think my guy is a bit unusual.
Bears Snips Illustration (a.k.a. Bandit)

nash002005.jpg

The moment I first saw him, he was immediately "Bandit".  I wish the mask went all the way across, but it's only half way.

nash007019.jpg

He has two blue eyes and I suspected LWO, but had him tested and he is negative.  Also, not homozygous for Tobiano, but I believe he carries Sabino and Splash in addition to his single Tobiano gene.  This year he produced one black and white filly

nash004002.jpg

Songcatchers Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

plus three loud marked sorrel and white Toveros, one solid white (except for a small sorrel Medicine Hat), one solid black, and one solid bay.

441907[/snapback]

maryann said:
Thanks , we think she is neat too. We still can't believe she is ours. Here are pics of both sides. the right is not as remarkable but still very kissable. LOl 
new_shocked.gif

janeleft.jpg

janerightwithmom.jpg

442377[/snapback]

new_shocked.gif
wub.gif
wow she sooo cute, i love her!
wub.gif
congrats!!

Oh & bump, i wanna see some more pics

thanks

Here is a mare I just purchused. I'm sure VVF will not mind me posting her photo.

Her name is Cupcake, I just love her almost bald face!

c61b59a0.jpg

One of my stallions can tell you about when he was a yearling colt and I spent a whole show season trying to get the black mark off his nose!!!

Mic is a sorrel pinto but he had a baseball size black mark on the top of his nose. I kept thinking that he was getting into something but I couldn't figure what, AND it kept getting darker...

Soon a large black spot started becoming pronouced on his side as well...I finally figured it out that it wasn't dirt, just him. I think I has the only tri-color pinto that is not normal. He is sorrel pinto with black too!

Here is a picture of his side spot....see how big it is?

Mic1.jpg

He is nine years old now and still has those spots, even in his long winter hair!

Here is one of my babies born three years ago,

Dream Weaver's Samplelicous..

She has some strange face markings...

here is one side
Samplelicious,%20right%20side,%202%20days.jpg

here is the other...
foals_Samplelicious,%20left%20side,%202%20days.jpg

It looks like someone used finger paint on her face. See how the white on one side goes up and on the other side the red goes down? I thought it was pretty different when I saw it...

Hi, I have some wild ones.

First this is our 2005 filly. She is black and White pinto. This is

Texan Star Leopard Midnight Lace (Lacey)

08e552a5.jpg

and now the left side

aLacey2.jpg

With her Dam a black and white almost identically mark pinto

Vicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gang

I want to share one more. This is one of our breeding Stallions.

Sweetwaters Flashing Leopard (Domino), he is wild leopard appaloosa.

We are so excited with this stallion.

b8e43b34.jpg

and one more picture of him

Domino_Andalusian.jpg

Thanks for letting me share

Vicky

WOW
new_shocked.gif
these are some awesome looking horses! Keep 'um coming
smile.gif
!

Last edited by a moderator: