Does any one have a horse with odd markings?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Im real glad I started this thread now. This is great seeing all these horses. I love all the pictures & the wild markings in each just make them 10X better!

Thanks everyone!

new_multi.gif
BUMP, BUMP, BUMP, BUMP, BUMP!!!
new_multi.gif

I LOVE wild markings! they are always so.... UNIQUE!
laugh.gif
(thinks sarcastically to self "wow Erin, what intelligent use of words....
wink.gif
)

Great idea for this thread! Awsome! Pure stroke of genious!
aktion033.gif
Such a fun idea!

Keep 'em coming!

Erin

(edited to add: Wow... I had a little too much sugar this evening... lol... that's ok though... I'm in a GREAT mood!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will look, I do have some more close ups of him. This is his skin, its the true

color. He is not Sunburned. We do not allow him out in the sun. He goes out

into a shaded pen.

This is his chest.

21e9a222.jpg

The below picture is when he was about 2 or 3 years old.

scan.jpg

It shows his pink skin and blue black spots. He had peacock rings around the spots. We were so teased at the shows by everyone about Domino being a PINK And Blue Poke dotted horse. His color was so different. The poor Judges did not know what to make of him, of his wild color. So we pulled him from showing. I wished I had taken some of his pictures before clipping. The pictures I took were for Color Genetic Testing. I wanted a lot of pictures to show them his true color of being Pink skin with Blue Black spots. We want to know his genetics.

Vicky

[SIZE=12pt]This is my beautiful little dwarf's face, her name is Tessa [/SIZE]
smile.gif

TessasbeautifulfacewithsnowRESIZED.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]This is a little filly I adopted named Al-Max's Queen of Hearts, aka Fairy. As you can see she has several perfectly shaped hearts scattered over her back.[/SIZE]

Fairy_kissing_Gammie-edge.jpg

23f67adc.jpg

Queenieshearts1.jpg

Erin said:
new_multi.gif
BUMP, BUMP, BUMP, BUMP, BUMP!!!
new_multi.gif

I LOVE wild markings! they are always so.... UNIQUE!
laugh.gif
  (thinks sarcastically to self "wow Erin, what intelligent use of words....
wink.gif
)

Great idea for this thread! Awsome! Pure stroke of genious!
aktion033.gif
  Such a fun idea!

Keep 'em coming!

Erin

(edited to add: Wow... I had a little too much sugar this evening... lol... that's ok though... I'm in a GREAT mood!)

443600[/snapback]

Hey I wont complain about your Great Mood! I rather enjoyed hearing "Pure stroke of genious" while talking about this thread. Thanks!

small herd said:
Gee Vicki.... can I ask why you clip him so short ?? 
smile.gif

443612[/snapback]

Hi Small herd.

He is not clip so short. I clipped him like we clip all our show horses. Using a

10 and 15 blade. Only place I will ever use a 40 blade is only the muzzle. We will

NOT use a 30 blade at all. We do not even own one. I have to be very careful with

clipping him at all. I don't want him to burn or to get skin Cancer. He is only allowed in a shaded pen early morning and late evening. Never allowed out in the sun. We protect him at all cost. He was only clip this time, for pictures to be taken

to send for Genetic Testing. We normally do not even clip him. But I promise I

did not clip close. This is the boys true colors. He is NOT Clip Burned or clip short.

I used a 15 on his ears, around his eyes, the rest is a 10 blade. We do not believe in clipping short, we are among the ones who do not clip short in AMHA. Even if we do not place we still won't clip short. I do have pictures of him -- lets say his personal areas, his butt, and his boy parts that show he is a true pink horse, I did not clip them at all. These pictures are only taken for Genetic testing.

Vicky

Little Bits

Wow, what a beautiful color filly, even if she is a dwarf. She is so pretty. I love

the hearts on her. What a beautiful mark filly.

Vicky

Dana,

Has Mic thrown this color pattern (chestnut and black)? I asked awhile back if true tri-colr pintos existed (NOT bay or buckskin)...this is incredibly beautiful!

Susanne,

Thank you for your compliment on my boy!

Actually, he has....come to think of it. He had three sorrel pintos this year and I remember my daughters talking about "black" spots like their daddy. Sadly, one of the colts was lost because of foaling early, but I do remember him having a pretty big black spot. The filly has dark edges around her "red" spots when she was clipped and I will have to check on the other colt. He has lots of spots every, we think he might be homozygous.

The really funny thing about Mic's black is it was not dominate until he saw a yearling and it got much darker for a few years until it is like it is now.

Hummm...come to think of it, he had a solid sorrel the had a strange dark undertone and that colts full sister was very load chestnut pinto with a black spot.

I wonder what that is all about????

This little fella has some unique markings....

First, he has this odd "brush mark" over his right eye....

052905frontsweet.jpg

And secondly, he has a dark area over one hip and not the other!

071105overtop.jpg

I think Mic is a liver Chestnut, those spots are I beleive called Bend Or spots or something like that.

Bend Or spots?? Never heard of it...sounds like it wouldn't be a good thing...LOL!

Would he be a liver chestnut if the black color is so isolated?

[SIZE=12pt]Vicky Texas....Tessa is a little dwarf, but Fairy, the filly with the hearts, is not a dwarf. She was a "dummy foal" , had Septicemia at birth, and suffered some brain damage due to the lack of oxygen at birth. She got hip locked and it took the breeders a long time to get her delivered. She was also born with tendon laxity in all 4 legs, she was walking on her fetlocks instead of her hooves....this filly should not have survived, but she did!
smile.gif
As you can see, with the help of my Little Bit's *Magic Shoes* she is up on her hooves perfectly now.
yes.gif
[/SIZE]

Little Bit said:
the filly with the hearts, is not a dwarf.
Thanks for that...I was having trouble seeing it and wondered what I was missing!

Janell,

Now that she's up on her feet, how is Fairy? You say that she suffered brain damage...does this affect her day-to-day life?

I'm always fascinated by the resiliency of babies in general and horses in particular, which is why I'm curious.

She is absolutely gorgeous!

Little Bit

I am so so sorry, I missed read the post. My Mom and I kept looking at her. We could NOT find anything wrong with her. We both thought she is so pretty. I am

sure glad I was wrong. Thank you for telling me. Because I did go back and look

at the pictures but I did not re- read the post, I should have. I kept looking at her and thinking she looks to perfect. I could not see how she could be one. She is beautiful. I am sorry on the other one being a dwarf. I think they all should have a chance at life.

Sounds like her hearts and her name fit her. A Miracle baby, I hope all the stuff did not cause her permant damage. I am so glad it is helping her, the magic shoes.

I also want to thank you, for your post. I studying the site for the magic shoes and I am looking into seeing if these might help one of our mares. We have tried so much with her. So maybe because of you, we can finally get the help we needed. Thank You for that to.

I truly am sorry, I did not read it correctly. She is beautiful and I am so glad she is perfect.

Vicky

I think Shimmer has a pretty unique marking which is how she got her name.......

MF Charmed C Me Shimmer
biggrin.gif

It's a very perfect "C" isn't it........we take it as a good omen since we are Charmed Miniatures!!!

29150J17rightshim.JPG

Hi All:

Here are a few of this years foals we think are pretty WILD!
new_shocked.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher[/SIZE]

DSC00515.JPG

[SIZE=14pt]Lost Spoke's Winter Passion[/SIZE]

passion1.jpg

Dawn

Latest posts

Back