Does any one add an egg to your dogs food?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
If so what are the benifets? And do you cook it or add it raw? Or no, not a good idea?

Thanks!

Leya

Definitely not a good idea IMO. Years ago we had a cocker spaniel who got a raw egg added to her food quite often. She had the most beautiful coat you've ever seen because of the eggs. She also died young because of them. Eggs are bad for their heart.

If you are wanting to make the coat shinier, use fish oil pills. I just cut one open and pour it on Angels food and she loves it.

Angel

Years ago I worked for a greyhound kennel and the dogs that were in training got meat and I mixed in an egg and tomato juice for the coats and muscle.

I show dogs and feed them a raw meat diet. They get raw meat, veggies, fish oil every day and twice a week they get eggs added to their food. They look amazing and I haven't had any health problems (knock on wood) in years.

I have heard of a egg a day for horses. I read abut one that had eaten over 10,000 eggs in his life time. Cool

Thanks everyone! I only asked because I have free fresh eggs and thought if it could help their diet somehow I'd do it for them. We already do the salmon oil os everyones coats look real good so I just wanted the to see if the egg would help with nutritional value.

Thanks again!!!!

Leya

Merry Christmas

Latest posts

Back