Do you think they look bred.... I do!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capall beag

Reaction score
York Beach, Maine originally from Ireland!
I have 2 mares that I think are bred?

No idea of due date, both maidens, showed no sign of heat.

Both were pasture exposed to a stallion from July '04 on

These mares were in poor condition when they arrived here in April, they have been well wormed.

Any ideas or opinions would be a help!

I had no idea they were bred/or not when I bought them was later told they were pastured with a stallion last year.

I am nervous about them as I know so much can go wrong!

If you think they are pregnant tell me how far along you THINK they are.

My vet said he thought the palomino mare would have a foal by the end of June, she looked bigger with her winter woolies!!

However, there is more experience with mini pregnancy on this board than my vet has!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!

opinions are very helpful!

palomino 29"

asbel.jpg

asrsbel.jpg

assidbel.jpg

dapple 32"

embel.jpg

ensidbel.jpg

girls.jpg

Fiona, first I have to say theses girls look wonderful. You wouldn't think they were they same horses! You should be proud. Considering the "history" of these girls I'd say YUP they are bred. The grey doesn't look very big but the others do at least to me. You have Maine mini folk there, if you haven't met Anita I can introduce you.

Fiona, first I have to say theses girls look wonderful. You wouldn't think they were they same horses! You should be proud. Considering the "history" of these girls I'd say YUP they are bred. The grey doesn't look very big but the others do at least to me. You have Maine mini folk there, if you haven't met Anita I can introduce you.

Deb,

Thanks so much for that!

Yes, the 'girls' have come on so well!! Amazing what some good food and lots of tlc can do in a few months!! The hardest part was getting them away from me to take the photos!!!!!!! These girls are VERY lovey!!

I wish they were not bred, for obvious reasons but I think they both are!

The grey mare, is not as far along but she is starting to fill out! My 5 yr old said just today " Mum Angel(grey) is getting fat like Fairy/Twinkle (palomino), I think she will have a baby too!!!"

The girls named the horses, all things in the sky they said! Angel, Fairy and Star!!!, somedays fairy is twinkle!!
laugh.gif

I have to agree with both of you, and say, yes, I think they are bred. Fairy/Twinkle does appear to be farther along than Angel. It's pretty much impossible though to tell you how much longer I think they will go, as I can't even do that with my own mares! But I would guess you don't have a terribly long time left to wait for Fairy/Twinkle. She looks to be pretty far along. But with her past history, she can hold on to the foal for longer than she would have if she had been taken care of the entire length of the pregnancy. I would keep a close eye on these girls, as they could go anywhere from tomorrow until several months from now! Good luck with your beautiful girls!

Unless I am loosing my mind I just saw movement on both mares!

It is possible I am loosing my mind though!
laugh.gif

Also, the ridge on the grey mare is new. Looks like her ribs have pushed out to accomadate! I know mine did this during my pregnancies!! Just enough so my babies could stick their feet into my ribs!
laugh.gif

For anyone interested DEFINATE movement in Fairy tonight!

I also noticed her milk veins from her bag along her tummy were very pronounced. Her "ridge' for want of a better word along her side was more pronounced or the belly below it was.

I am a nervous wreck and it could be a long way off!!

I whisoered in her ear tonight to "be a good girl and give me LOTS of Obvious signs!" I hope she is a good listener!
biggrin.gif

Well Im the fellow Mainer that Deb mentioned. PM me if you'd like. I would be glad to do what ever I could to help. We are about 12 miles out of Augusta. The grey uis questionable I think but if she is a maiden as you said she probably is especially if they were run with a stallion. I love the names your girls chose.

Thanks Anita. I always hesitate to give out info unless I get permission. You'll like Fiona with her irish? brogue and warm generous heart. These are all young fillies and I know you're nervous aren't you Fi? I'm praying for you all. Only good things. Isn't that movement so exciting!

Hi Fiona....I will help in any way I can too. I was a nervous wreck for the first baby. The palomino is definitely bigger than when I saw her. So I would say, yes, she's bred. The dapple looks possible too.

I wish you had breeding dates-- it makes it much more stressful when you don't know when they're due.

How many horses do you have now? Did you decide to keep your boys?

Best of luck!!!

-Tracy

I have the 4!

Still have not gotten the boys, thought the deal was off but alas I guess not!!!!!!!!

See my Hauling woes thread!!!

Thanks for your input!

I keep checking your site!

Lots of fillies! WOO HOO!

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the offer! So amny kind people in the mini world!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back