Do you think my mare is Pregnant or just Fat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with that I also have a question.

Is there any way to pregnancy test a mare? Would a women's pregnancy test work, or are the hormones and all different? Is there anything I can buy from the vets to test. My dad said that he wants to get a vet out to see if she is or not, just I want to see if there is an alternative before we spend heaps of money on a vet to come out, even though we will probably get one anyway.

You may want to have a vet out. Unusual for a bag to go from the size of the first pic, to the last pic. It looks like she has no bag now.

She has changed again since yesterday. Her udders are bigger again. One day she convinces me to think she isn't pregnant then the next I think she is. Any thoughts?

You have a strange mare. The broadside view looks like she is V'd and she looks slab-sided. Two signs birth is close. Her bag going from half full to empty, than back to half full is very weird.

Ok So this morning I was with her and I have her teat a light squeeze and clear liquid came out. My mum said that is a definite sign of pregnancy, is that right?

And i just wanted to share one of her with her new pink feed bucket she got for Christmas because she needed one for her mare and foal feed
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, could someone fill me in a bit of information about what I said before about her udders having clear liquid?

Sorry for all the posts and questions...

Got some photos of Snickas enjoying her time out in the paddock. They really show the size of her belly.
default_smile.png
We are all so excited here for the foal.

Hopefully Willow has a foal coming along aswell. Toby was with her a couple months ago when she was on season
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back