Do you think it's rude????????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Wondering, if you are interested in a horse that is not listed for sale, hasn't been listed for sale,

would it be ok to email the owner, express your interest and ask about the horse?

Or would they consider themselves being bugged as they have enough to deal with, with the horses they actually have up for sale? Maybe rude.

Worst they can do is tell you, sorry not for sale.

Right???????

I agree. It is a compliment and should be taken as such. I would take it that way. jennifer
saludando.gif

It would never offend me, nor would I consider it rude, for somebody to inquire on a horse that I do not have listed for sale. I would feel it was a compliment for them to take the time to ask. Now, if they kept asking me over and over again, I would consider it bothersome.

I've gotten some of my best horses by inquiring about them when they were not for sale and letting the owner know that if they ever decided to sell them that I would be very interested. That's how I got Carousel Designer Legacy and one of my leopard mares. Also, Piano Man and Dotted Line were not actually for sale either....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ginny Long

In my opinion, if the request was worded right, it would be a great compliment to the owner and they would in no way be offended.

Also, you just never know what life is going to dish up to people. If something should happen, and you have written them telling them how wonderful that horse is and how much you would like to have it, well..... you just might end up with that horse!

Sometimes I think to myself, if I could find just the right situation for that horse, I would sell it. But it is a horse I just don't want to advertise as I want to keep good control over where the horse goes.

I myself have asked people this in the past, not with horses but other things, and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. But no one has ever been offended...... they have mostly just smiled and thanked me and said no real politely.

Actually, I think it's a great idea - you just never know!
yes.gif

I also take it as a compliment when someone asks about one of my horses even if it's not for sale. I too have gotten one of my favorite mares by just emailing back and forth with someone....she was not for sale...I just got lucky!

Tracy

I dont think its rude , if it is then I am one rude person!!! I always check every page and if i see something i like i ask about it. I do not have a truck or trailer so everything I get is shipped in or hauled by a local farm. I have bought many minis with nothing more then a picture and have learned to ask all the right questions..... What I DO think is Rude is when a seller advertises a horse for sell and you email and email and wait and wait for pictures, I'm not talking 2 or3 or 4 days try 4 or 5 months and they keep telling you I will get them or cant get them to send a recent picture...AARRGG.... if they dont really want to sell the horse they should take it off the for sale page!!

Well I would consider it a compliment and if the person offered me the right money everything is for sale.
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I too would consider it a compliment if someone inquired about any horse on my site.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I would be terribly flattered. I HAVE done this and have yet to have anyone rag on me. I usually get a lovely reply thanking me for complimenting their horse. My daddy always said nothing ventured nothing gained.

I also agree. There is always no harm in asking.

MA

Not rude at all- I have horses that have no price tag, and never will have- but so long as you accepted that answer, it would be fine.

I don't think it's rude to ask. I've had people email me before to inquire about one of my (not for sale) horses and I actually find it flattering and not annoying at all. If they didn't take "sorry, not for sale" as an answer, then that's annoying but to make an initial inquiry shouldn't annoy anyone.

aBSOLUTLEY, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A HORSE THAT IS not ON A SALES LIST, YOU SHOULD EMAIL TO ASK. nO HARM DONE AND YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED THAT A BREEDER MAY SELL IT!

That is how I got Lotto!
wub.gif

I don't mind people asking me either. If my horse that they ask about is not for sale, I try to help them find what they want elsewhere.
smile.gif

I get inquires all the time and currently have nothing for sale but likeReo i try and help them find what they are looking for.

I am one who also will email others who are selling horses and start off with I am not in the position to buy but just wanted to tell you I love your horse

Latest posts

Back