Do You Think EINSTEIN Is A Dwarf?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Think EINSTEIN Is A Dwarf?

• Yes

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 53 37.6%

• Total voters
No I don't Jill, and I think you are being kind of rude about it.
default_rolleyes.gif

Sorry if you think I'm being rude, Amy. I guess three or so topics by the same member promoting him in the recent past just were a bit annoying to me.

For the record, I have always thought he looked like a dwarf, and not what many breeders would strive to produce.

I feel that his scoliosis is but one indicator - and more issues will show up as he matures....
default_no.gif

I voted yes.

I thought he was the minute his baby pics were all over the internet and I still maintain my opinion today. And frankly, it's astonishing to me that some people whom I considered knowledgable breeders say they don't see it. Wow, beauty most certainly is in the eye of the beholder.

And as for Jill's question. Not "rude" in my opinion. Just asking what others think. Jill did not put this little dear out there for the public's consumption. His owners did. If they want the perks of flights around the country, hotel stays, notoriety (sp?), then they should be prepared for the other side of the coin. That's part of anyone's 15 minutes of fame.

Is he adorable? Absolutely. Is he a dwarf? We can't say for sure until there's a genetic test. Does he look like one to me? Absolutely. Would I dare use him for breeding? Never.

And if anyone wants to question my stance on dwarves and the breeding of such, just search the forum on Corona and I think you'll get a hint as to where I stand on it.

And anytime we (a collective we as is all of us) put a horse out there and hold it as the standard - good, bad or otherwise, we are making a statement about all miniatures. The general public does not have the knowledge to make a truly informed decision. So when someone says "isn't this little horse adorable?" "We are keeping him a stallion." etc., well that impacts us all. Jill, me, you, the next new mini owner, all of us.

I do not think he is a dwarf. Just because I don't doesn't mean I don't see his faults and think he should be bred. If he were mine he would be gelded, but i'll leave that choice to his owners and worry about my own horses/breeding program.

I do not think he is a dwarf. Just because I don't doesn't mean I don't see his faults and think he should be bred. If he were mine he would be gelded, but i'll leave that choice to his owners and worry about my own horses/breeding program.
I totally agree. I definitely see that he has some major confirmation faults and he shouldn't be bred. However, just because he is little and has some flaws does not make him a dwarf. I think we will know more as he matures. I do think he would look more dwarfy already though if he was one.

My comment about rudeness was from a post on another thread. I don't think his owners are holding him up as "the standard," just that he is one cute little fella. I also don't feel that he should be bred, and I really don't think that is what they have in mind. MANY minis can't be gelded until they are well past age one. Will they geld him later? I would bet so. For now they are having fun with his uniqueness and I think that is fine. To each their own. I won't say anything more about this, I just really hate the judgement on individuals when they aren't doing anything to you. I love sharing my own minis, and if I had the opportunity to share them with the world, I think I would!

I keep getting booted out by internal server error. Basically, I do not have a strong enough opinion either way. I am watching the poll though because I find it interesting. Accidentally posted in the other thread or maybe the internal server error grinch did.

i think he's dwarf. even if he's not, he's got some serious confo issues that shouldnt be promoted, ignorant minds may think he's 'the norm' for the breed. IMO, i also dont find a horse with the back of a turtle 'cute'. i seriously think Einsteins owners just bought him for the publicity, lord knows they are milking it dry! for instance, his book about finding a friend. why not just go out and buy a 30" or under gelding?? but nope, they just HAVE to make a book about it
default_rolleyes.gif

i just hope they realize that the horse wont dissapear after the press get bored, and that vet bills for a deformed horse can get quite costly. also, does anyone know how tall he currently is?

Amy, you're more than welcome to find what I have to say rude. Take it as you find it, and don't lose anymore sleep over it than I will.

As to whether or not Einstein's owners will geld him -- as you elect to presume -- how could anyone but the owners really know? From my perspective, it's hard to have a lot of faith that this is their plan as he is being promoted as "the world's smallest stallion."

It seems to me like it would be a lot better for our breed if the best, not the "least", were held out to the public as an example of how wonderful our horses can be. Not many non-miniature horse owners realize how proportional and truly horse like our breed has become -- not to mention all that they can DO -- and that's because horses like Einstein and Thumbelina are paraded around to the public as the examples of our breed.

But, you know, as Dennis Miller used to say "Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted yes.

I thought he was the minute his baby pics were all over the internet and I still maintain my opinion today. And frankly, it's astonishing to me that some people whom I considered knowledgable breeders say they don't see it. Wow, beauty most certainly is in the eye of the beholder.

And as for Jill's question. Not "rude" in my opinion. Just asking what others think. Jill did not put this little dear out there for the public's consumption. His owners did. If they want the perks of flights around the country, hotel stays, notoriety (sp?), then they should be prepared for the other side of the coin. That's part of anyone's 15 minutes of fame.

Is he adorable? Absolutely. Is he a dwarf? We can't say for sure until there's a genetic test. Does he look like one to me? Absolutely. Would I dare use him for breeding? Never.

And if anyone wants to question my stance on dwarves and the breeding of such, just search the forum on Corona and I think you'll get a hint as to where I stand on it.

And anytime we (a collective we as is all of us) put a horse out there and hold it as the standard - good, bad or otherwise, we are making a statement about all miniatures. The general public does not have the knowledge to make a truly informed decision. So when someone says "isn't this little horse adorable?" "We are keeping him a stallion." etc., well that impacts us all. Jill, me, you, the next new mini owner, all of us.
I agree with Parmela 100% I've rescued many dwarfs over the years and this little guy IMHO is a dwarf! Only time will prove what we have been saying from the get go!

Bill

I agree with Parmela 100% I've rescued many dwarfs over the years and this little guy IMHO is a dwarf! Only time will prove what we have been saying from the get go!

Bill

Obviously this won't be a popular response, but I agree with Star Ridges Acres and Bill of wwminis. Einstein needs to be tested for sure.

Interestingly this question has been posted on the anniversary of Einstein, the Scientist's passing.

For now they are having fun with his uniqueness and I think that is fine.
Amy,

I'm certainly not picking a fight with you. I always enjoy your posts and certainly LOVE your horses so no fighting here. But I would like to understand something you said. What, in your opinion, is his "uniqueness" as you put it? I'm trying for the life of me to understand what is different about him from 30 other foals that will be born in 2011. Other than his roached back and some other flaws, I see nothing unique other than when he was born his owners called the local newspaper. I would love some insight into what others see and find interesting (unique) about him.

Thanks!
default_saludando.gif

OK, folks. I would love to see some gorgeous miniature horse out there being promoted to the general public as well. Just how would you go about doing it, eh? What makes a horse "marketable" to the television stations, magazines, news media, etc? I don't think anyone has truly figured out how to bring a beautifully conformed miniature horse into the public eye, but it might behoove us all to figure it out!

And don't worry Jill, I won't lose any sleep.
default_wink.png
;) Just every now and then I feel we all might need a little reminder that we could be a little more sensitive. I just didn't see or understand your hostility toward the gal who posted about Einstein. If you don't like her posts, don't read them for heck sake!

Parmela, IMO his uniqueness was his extremely small birth size.

I appreciate your approach to your question.
default_wub.png
I also feel admiration for you and your herd, and I do understand where you are coming from. I just have a more "live and let live" attitude than some (most?) I guess! I wish I could go on GMA with Alladdin, LOL!

I voted no but thats not saying he doesn't have conformation flaws and he should be gelded. I wouldn't be surprized if he did threw tiny dwarves. But nothing screams dwarf to me.

Latest posts

Back