Do you think a person who is writing a book

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
Do you think a person who is writing a book on one candidate should be able to be in charge of the debate this week? Ifill has written a pro Obama book and she is the moderator for the debate this Thursday. Do you feel she can be a biased moderator for the two VP candidates?

I don't think so because as it is being pointed out that if Obama wins her book will sell more copies. So what do you feel about it and why?

Fran

It does seem a little odd but keep in mind the book is not just about obama. Apparently she has a lot of experience in moderating debates or at least that is what I have read? Obviously shes going to have to really walk the line and not show any preference or it could really bite her in the butt.

As controversial though as this whole election is they probably should not have picked something that has a book coming out on inaguration day. (which also happens to be my birthday LOL)

No, at the outset, I do not think this is the fairest choice at all
confused0036.gif

Kay says to keep in mind her book is not just about Obama, but Obama's name is the only one on the title -- The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama (come on!)
default_rolleyes.gif

It won't be taking up space in my library
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It is certainly a "conflict of interest" and not the moderator should step down and allow someone who is neither for or against either candidate but that might be very difficult to find.

Kay says to keep in mind her book is not just about Obama, but Obama's name is the only one on the title -- The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama (come on!)
default_rolleyes.gif

default_poke.gif
But Jiiilll, if the author had used McCain's name in the title it would have been too confusing for those "not smart enough" to vote to know the book was about Politics, not "the Age" of Dinosaurs. :stupid
default_risa_suelos.gif

You know, the people I consider not smart enough to vote probably don't really buy many non-fiction books. It's easier to just watch The Daily Show, CNN or MSNBC. That way, you don't even have to see both sides and think hard for yourself.

I do not think a person who has written a book that even LEANS in support of one candidate over another should moderate a debate.........It doesn't matter WHICH candidate.

You know, I've got another observation. It's pretty hard to ignore that some of the resident democrats have nothing to really contribute to political discussions, other than snarks and high fives ... oh, and YouTube links
default_rolleyes.gif

As opposed to the many awesome conservative contributions, including viral Emails, and SPAM!
default_thumbup.gif

Too funny, Jill -- I was JUST going to say the same thing, only about the "Resident Republicans!"

I re-read my posts, and when I'm snarky, I mean to be snarky, lol. At least I'm honest about it. From what I've read on recent posts, you have no concept of how you come across, sneering at people merely because their beliefs differ from yours. I would have thought you were above that.

I think I'll email Shirley (Triggy & Blue) for a good political debate over the issues. I miss her!

If you have an opinion to express related to the topic question, that would be a nice contribution to this thread.

It's honestly hard to even take some of you seriously, when you never say anything about how you feel and why. Little snipes and jeers but nothing material...

And, Susanne, I seriously just said something similar to someone else about you.

Oh Jill, you are soooo full of yourself.
default_biggrin.png
And does it make you really smart to keep contributing to these democrat threads.
default_wink.png
ONe reason I hate the two party system....always some one thinking they are smarter to belong to one and not the other as if a certain party has priority on intelligence. Why can't you all be smart enough to understand that intelligent people do not all think alike and it would be a boring world if they were....just think if there weren't the democrats you wouldn't be the main voice through so many of these threads and could be doing something that really takes some smarts. Luv ya but your blind eye is really showing.
default_wink.png

You know, I've got another observation. It's pretty hard to ignore that some of the resident democrats have nothing to really contribute to political discussions, other than snarks and high fives ... oh, and YouTube links
default_rolleyes.gif

Mary, it's great that we're not making this even more personal as ML just requested we not.

Don't let me spoil the vibe with any facts, but this "Democrat thread" I've chimed in on here was actually started by a fellow Republican.

Folks, you should pay as much attention to what the candidates do and say as you pay to what I do and say
default_laugh.png

And, despite popular myth, I never said if people don't agree with me, they aren't smart. However, it would be easier to see how smart people are if they'd actually contribute their own thoughts to discussions, vs. cut and pasting, YouTube linking, etc.

UGH! What is there like 5 germaine posts to this thread out of 17? Come on Ladies. BTW I am a republican. I didn't know that just being a party on one side or the other made me or anyone else a bad person.

It's easier to just watch The Daily Show, CNN or MSNBC. That way, you don't even have to see both sides and think hard for yourself.
Dont forget FOX!!
default_wub.png
How could I? It's on here right now and is the only source I've found that attempts to show both sides.
HA! Nooooooooo. I meant to add FOX to the list of news channels that DON'T show both sides, and you can't think hard for yourself.
default_no.gif

Minihorses, I did get what you were implying but I respectfully disagree. This is based on actually watching Fox, seeing both sides addressed, and seeing them be all over it when a Republican messes up (just as they are when a Democrat does).

Additionally, there was a poll on LB not long ago (back porch) to see what TV news source most of us prefer and Fox News got nearly as many votes as all the other sources combined.

See: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=99230

Latest posts

Back