Do you recognize this mare?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin_C

Reaction score
Many of you may know that I recently rescued 7 miniature mares from a broker auction house in New Jersey, ensuring that they would not be at risk for being sent to a Canadian slaughterhouse. These were lovely mares, many double-registered, some with show records. I have been able to track down a considerable amount of information on several of the mares with the exception of this one. I have received permission from Camelot Horse Weekly to use their photo in order to hopefully identify this mare. She is described as being very friendly and sweet, 36" tall (though they probably measure at the withers) and about 9 years old. Would you please look at these photos carefully. I KNOW someone out there knows something about this pretty mare. Any lead will be appreciated and pursued aggressively. All of the mares are in good hands now and will never have to face this stressful situation again.

533002_446562072020933_159567607387049_1793682_1330124181_n.jpg.opt372x270o0,0s372x270.jpg

150169_446562095354264_159567607387049_1793683_2057246178_n.jpg

Robin....you have a heart of gold as big as the world! Hopefully someone will know something about this one. She's pretty. Look at them eyes!

She is very nice , I agree with the above post. Sadly I doubt the owner will confess to throwing away a horse , good luck on finding info .

It is frustrating to try to figure out a past on a horse. Do you know from what area she was from? Maybe send out a photo to the local vets, or clubs . I hope you get the info you need. So I guess you don't know if she is registered . I am sure she is, does she have a chip in her? She has a lovely head .

Most of these horses are local to the New Jersey area, but it's not impossible that they originated outside of that NJ / PA / NY radius. At least 5 of the 7 came from their most recent owners in PA. No judgments on how they ended up at the auction and any tips towards her identity can be made anonymously. I think I can puzzle it out if I had even a LITTLE bit of information about her. I do not know her registration status, though I would make it a good bet she is. I was able to track down papers on the two other mares that went through the sale as "grade / unregistered." They are being delivered today to my quarantine barn, and will have vet check for any microchips. Good idea.

how sad why would anyone give up suck a nice girl I would be very happy if she was one of mine

I am so glad you rescued these mares, but I'm sorry I don't recognize this one. I sold a gorgeous silver dappled mare to PA a few years back. I've always wished I had her back. Sure hope she wasn't one of these.

I don't recognize her, but wanted to say bless you for what you are doing.

I wonder if you sent in a DNA sample to AMHA if they could figure out who she is.

I was able to track down who my rescued mare is from the name on her coggins papers.

Sorry I'm no help, but i just wanted to say that I am glad you were able to help all those horses out! I follow Camelot Auctions on facebook and was sad to see all those nice miniatures up there. If I were in the position to help I would have taken a couple for sure.

I wonder if you sent in a DNA sample to AMHA if they could figure out who she is.
Briliant!!! I bet they would help you with this and might not even charge since you're rescuing these horses.

Did you post her on the sale board here to ask there? Many people go there that don't come here and maybe someone will know her? I hope you find out info!!!

was going to suggest dna too , its so sad to see any horse in such a situation , Im very glad you came along and gave them a chance

my yearling pinto filly came from camelot. I really wanted the typey bay mare but dont have room at the time. Post her all over facebook too.

I don't know who she is but everything from her build to her color pattern to her head reminds me of a Martin horse. So I'd bet that's at least in her bloodline.

So all these horses were sent to the auction by different farms/people? If the mare is over 34", she is probably not registered AMHA and there will be no DNA............

The mares have arrived safely to a quarantine facility and have all had the once over by me. With the exception of one older teenaged mare, they are all in great shape to OVERweight! The black mare pictured has a blue eye on the right side which doesn't show in the photo. She is of very nice quality, so will continue to pursue networking her. All the Camelot horses have to have NEW Coggins pulled on site before shipping, so the old Coggins tests are not available (if they had one). Pursuing DNA sounds like an option as this mare is nice enough to hardship into AMHA if I cannot track down a former owner and/or registration information. There was a small dark silver dapple mare in the sale. Feel free to visit my Facebook page for more information on each individual mare including their registered names, etc. I will also be putting some information about their progress on my website as they have a bit of a fan club wanting to know how they are doing! Next stop, Sales Board to post her there as I thought about people visiting there that might not frequent the forum. And she will keep showing up on my FB page until I feel I have exhausted my efforts. Thanks everyone for the good tips!

She is beautiful Robin, can't believe people can so easily 'throw out' horses or any animal for that matter! Good luck with your search
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back