Do you like Chicken livers? How much is too much

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Been trying to eat some better. My ho-ho and black licorice diet, with Diet Pepsi to wash it down, isn't making me feel so good.

I love chicken livers!!!!!!!!! I get them from KFC for lunch, about 4 days a week. Has to do with where I work.

Do you know what is in livers that is good for you, and bad for you?

I do feel some better, they are pretty filling.

I buy the 1/2 pint, and that is 2 days of lunch.

Can't find too much info on meat and it's contents.

Think they leave that label on the real chicken????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Chicken livers have NO protein??????????? That seems alittle odd.

Thanks for providing that.

Looks like they may be better than my ho-ho's

Any organ meats are very high in cholesterol. If that is not an issue....eat away.

Carol

[SIZE=14pt]I love them too but best to pan fry them yourself because you can use less fat and flour and then the calories are less.... they are also iron rich as is beef or calves liver. I love that too! Im the only one in my family that eats liver though. Yes Carolyn it is better for you than liccorice and ho hos.[/SIZE]

Lyn

l boil them for my almost toothless housedog he loves them with peas. Wasn't aware that you could get them at KFC. Are they deep fried in grease with a coat?

All I can say is......
smileypuke.gif
I'm not much of a meat eater anyway, but the thought of eating the liver that removes the toxins from the system rates right up there with "mountain oysters"
wacko.gif

No offense intended to anyone, JMO If ya like it....Go ro it!
biggrin.gif

I LOVE them, fried w/cream gravy OMG yummers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont eat them but a few times a year though, used to more when I worked near the place that had them LOL As far as healthy, can really see anything wrong, per se, but remember the liver is kinda the oil filter of the body LOL

Pepipony said:
I LOVE them, fried w/cream gravy OMG  yummers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
478997[/snapback]

Is there any other way to eat them? I think NOT
biggrin.gif

The only time I have eaten any kind of liver was in a pate.....don't even know from what animal, but it wasn't bad tasting.....
rolleyes.gif
wacko.gif
laugh.gif

MA

Beaks, feet and organ parts...not a big fan of any of them!!!

I remember going on a date with this guy who took me out for some "haute cuisine", that included liver, sweetbreads, and a bunch of raw stuff...

I felt like I was on an episode of Fear Factor!
smileypuke.gif

biggrin.gif
new_shocked.gif
OH CAROLYN, ALL THIS TIME AND I DIDN'T KNOW. I LOVE BLACK LICORICE AND CHICKEN LIVERS. NOW IF YOU ALSO LIKE RADISH SANDWICHES WE HAVE IT MADE. I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THE HOUSE THAT LOVES THIS STUFF SO I ONLY SPLURGE WHEN I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE. AND THE CHICKEN LIVERS FROM KFC WELL IT IS THAT TIME. BAD THING IS I CAN ONLY GET THEM IN NEW CASTLE. INDIANAPOLIS AND GREENFIELD DO NOT CARRY THEM ANY MORE, WHAT MORONS. USE TO STOP ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK WHEN I GOT THE CRAVING, NOW I CAN'T. UNLESS I HAPPEN TO BE IN NEW CASTLE CAN'T GET EM, THEN IF HUBBY IS WITH ME HE WON'T STOP, THINKS THEY ARE GROSS. OH THE ONLY OTHER THING I CAN THINK OF THAT I LOVE IS CRAB RAGOONS AT THE CHINESE PLACE.

YOU ARE A FOOD FRIEND TO BESIDES MINIS. YEAH!!!!

MMMMMMMMM I love chicken livers too and fry them with flour coating (herbed) and with red/green/yellow peppers and spanish onion. Fry it all up and MMMMMMMMMMM YUMMY

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Well, ya'll have gone and done it gonna have to get some before I go into withdrawels
laugh.gif

Add me to the ick factor side.....yuck! Now, I am southern and eat some freaky stuff though, just not that~LOL

[SIZE=14pt]Im going to go fix some right now for lunch![/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back