Do you let him go or not?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC Farm

Reaction score
My mare gave me the colt of my dreams this year. The only thing is i wish he was a filly. Blue eyed beautifull head with little tippy ears, black and white with paw prints, all that on top of built correct. I had a family (plus grandma and grandpa) come to the farm yesterday to look and guess who they liked. He would be going to a great farm and get lots of love from the 2 little girls. It was like love at first sight for the colt and the girls he just loved all his hugs. Grandpa and grandma breed and show their clydes and have beautiful horses. Do you let your best ever go or not?

That's a very HARD decision to make--- my opinion is that if you "wish he was a filly" then he is not really the FOAL of your dreams, just a really beautiful colt that you love alot. I would sell him to this family and look for the FILLY of your dreams somewhere else!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Unless you're wanting or needing a stallion prospect, or a gelding, I'm with Shelly! You've found what sounds like an awesome home! If he isn't what you want, I'd sell him to the great home.

Joyce

Great homes are hard to come by for that special horse. I would let him go and ask for visiting rights if they are close enough. You will be happy watching him grow and bloom in the love.

Do you own both his parents still? So you can try for similar foals?

That would be a factor to me, along with how emotionally attached.

Haha! And I'm the type who wishes for a colt to be an awesome gelding later on.
default_biggrin.png
But as most have said, good homes are hard to come by and he obviously isn't the horse of your dreams if you are wanting a mare.

Latest posts

Back