Do you have any ideas?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

In July I'm going to stay with some very special horse friends. I'd like to bring a gift but I cannot come up with anything. I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions!

Thanks in advance,
default_biggrin.png

Debbie

i don't know how much you would care to spend but i have recently discovered these digital picture frames. at under $100 for a nice one, they aren't too terribly pricey. i got one for gary's mom for mother's day and downloaded about 50 pictures of gary on it for her. they are pictures she had never seen because they are on my computer. the frame scrolls through the pictures and it's like a photo album, very nice!

i liked it so much when i got it finished, i bought one for myself. loaded all of my "gary pictures" and also lots of wild bird, flower, horse and dog pictures i have taken over the years. i have it plugged into a timer, it comes on at 5 p.m., goes off at 10 p.m., sits on gary's antique desk in my living room and i can glance up from my book or t.v. program or crochet project and just look at pictures for a few minutes. they come in different screen sizes, anywhere from 4 x 6 all the way up to 12 x 12 or so. the ones i got are, i believe, 5 x 7.

something else i saw advertised is a lovely throw that can be personalized with your favorite picture. haven't checked into those yet but i am saving that ad for future reference for x-mas gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , We made up a wicker basket that had dividers in it we put a few of the "horsey soaps"The clear ones with the horse figures inside,rolled a few hand towels with horses on them,A horse notepad and pen,stamps,You can always use them! Mane and tail shampoo and rinse,Horse shampoo,Horse Treats,a small box of candy mints for either! Just a nice mix for all! Then wrapped up with clear wrap and a nice bow. They seemed to really like it.

Are they mini horse friends? If so, Bevann / Knollac Farm used to sell (and maybe still does) these really neat tapestry type afgahns that show minis doing all different kinds of things. I've given those as gifts and everyone loves them.

Well you could hit the dollar store and get one of those cleaning caddies and fill it up with goodies! Horsey Shampoo, fly spray, assorted brushes, small pony tails, ribbons, show rubber bands, a new lead, treats, anything really. Wrap in in clear cello wrap(which you can get at the dollar store
default_yes.gif
) and tie the top with a bunch of ribbon and a horsey tag and your done!!! Makes a very nice gift!!
default_wink.png

Good luck!!

Leya

Food is always good. Maybe wait till close to time you leave, then hit a farmer's market for fresh veg, honey, jams, or homemade goodies. How fun to be visiting horsey friends!

Everyone has such great ideas!! Thank you so much for posting and yes the are mini horse people.

Thanks again,
default_yes.gif

Debbie

You could match a horsey treat with a people treat....like a basket with apples for the horses and apple pie for the people. Do it in a picnic basket with napkins and plastic ware so you could give it to them after supper in the barn for a picnic with the horses. Wine is always a good beverage for people, just add some glasses. Sounds like a great beginning to your stay!

Latest posts

Back