Do you have a Christmas tree theme?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
Just kinda courious to see if any of you are sticklers like I am! I HAVE to have white lights, thats my main thing! I have to have a fake tree! Hubby hates it because I have boughten or borrowed a different tree for the last 8 years and he's the one who has to find a spot to store them!! LOL!! I did finally find the "right" tree last year and now only need to find homes for three that just didn't work(all to big! My judgement is super off in the store!!!
default_wink.png
). Any hoo, it's up and decorated!
default_aktion033.gif

How about you all... any Must have for your tree? Or pretty much a trees a tree type of thing?

Now I do Love a decorated tree!!!! And believe that each tree reflects alot about it's owner! Mines kinda earthy with some shiny points!! Super happy with the way it turned out!! I guess my theme would be "Natural Glam"
default_laugh.png
!!!

Lets hear yours!!

210.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I HAVE to have white lights, that's my main thing! I have to have a fake tree!
I had always had natural trees until I decided a few years ago to "fake it". I figure if you are going fake...go ALL the way, so got a white pre-lit (w/white lights) Christmas tree...and I love-love-love it! Even my husband, who was not very impressed with the idea, has to admit that it is stunning. I love how every single decoration stands out, and I am lucky enough to have many antique glass ornaments that just sparkle in this tree like never before.

Hmmm...so I guess my new fake tree full of antique ornaments could be classified as having a theme...but cannot think of what that would be.
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

No theme here, I used the same ornaments every year plus the ones the kids have made, and we always have a real tree. We have colored lights on it but if I had my way they would be white.

I think it was last year when people posted pics of their trees, how about in this thread the people that already have a tree up could also add a pic of their tree?

No theme here, I used the same ornaments every year plus the ones the kids have made, and we always have a real tree. We have colored lights on it but if I had my way they would be white.

I think it was last year when people posted pics of their trees, how about in this thread the people that already have a tree up could also add a pic of their tree?
I have a fake tree and my theme is my animals.Who could have guessed.I have lights that look like horses and lots of Painted Ponies ornaments.I also have several Corgi ornaments I also have some Hallmark collectibles and some ornaments that I have collected when I travel.My tree is not fancy, just kind of like me.I love it once I get it done, but the worst thing for me is getting the lights on.Several years ago I left it up all year and just put a large sheet over it about Easter and took it off again in early November.I love my Christmas tree.

I just love real trees, they smell so nice!

Don't have a theme, we just get sentimental ornaments.

Andrea

My mom started buying me snowmen decorations for my tree and house years ago so now I guess thats my theme, though I do have a lot of other decorations I use. I think I'm going to need to buy some more this year, I've had a small (tiny actually) artificial tree since I was always in an apartment but this year we are in our first house and I can (and WILL LOL) have a real tree. I like white lights on my mantles and door frames, staircases etc but I do like colored lights on my tree. Actually, I might need more lights this year too... hmm, better start making a list!

I would love to have a real tree, but we learned a couple years ago when we first brought home Evil Kitty that we can't have live anything in the house, so artificial it is. We somehow managed to break the base on last year's tree, so today we bought a new, already decorated tree at our hospice's Festival of Trees. The ornaments are green, gold, silver, purple and blue with white lights and a beautiful scrolled turquoise star at the top; all my other trees have been a lot more classic, but it's surprisingly pretty. We're going to put any of our older ornaments that don't fit the color scheme on a table top tree in the dining room.

We have to have a real tree, after all we have a Christmas tree farm. The dogs are so happy we give them pine flavored water right in the living room. We are watering the tree daily. We have no theme, love the multi colored lights and the ornaments from our childhoods. Do love Corgi ornaments, but don't have many, and no Cardi ornaments yet.

We do the real tree here too....and no theme...the same mish mash of ornaments every year-I don't like the 'themed' trees....

Do love Corgi ornaments, but don't have many, and no Cardi ornaments yet.
Have you seen the Cardi ones on ebay???? I'm saving up some $$$ for them!!!
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

Sigh, I need to be in bed, but off to ebay I go!

I too have to have artificial tree, I am highly allergic to pine, touching the needles will give me hives and the smell clogs up my nose. I too must have clear lights. At the house my theme is burgandy and gold (but not all the ornaments are that color, I have a few that aren't) and at camp it is blue and silver. I am putting mine up this week sometime probably.

At camp, there are 22 pine trees in 2 rows in the front yard, they are only about 4-5 ft tall right now. I am going to put blue lights on all of them...I will be dressed head to toe for this operation, including a facemask, and plenty of benadryl.
default_smile.png

We always have a real tree. However with so many folks going artificial, it's getting to be quite a challenge to find one here in SW Oklahoma!!

The last few years we have done white lights and nothing but real bird's nests, different birds, and natural ornaments==cinnamon, wax, berries. A touch of crystal. My neighbors all save their found nests for me. Many well-made ones have lasted for several Christmases, but sometimes I unwrap one and it doesn't look so good! I love the ones that have my horse's hair woven in.

This year I'm thinking of going back to the traditional tree, with all the colorful baubles. I'm not sure my grandchildren appreciate our natural tree.

I'd love to have a 7 foot feather tree. Can you say $$$$?

We don't put ours up till around the 12th, but I love seeing photos of everyone's trees!

Gosh, ,every tree I have up has a theme. Our main living room tree, has all of the antique ornaments on it, the dining room tree has antique belsnickles on it, the family room tree, is our furchild tree, and is decorated with a doggie theme, ,my small kitchen tree, has old fashioned kitchen utensiles, the 2 bedroom trees both are more victorian, and the office tree is horse (englsih hunters/jumpers...took me forever to find enough for this tree) and I dont have one up in the 3rd bedroom. The outside deck tree, has any leftovers and alot of pinecones. Main tree, and family room, and deck are real...all lthe rest are artificial, with the 2 bedroom ones being antique feather trees. Everything is up and decorated. I usually start right after halloween, so everything is dont for Thanksgiving day. We have alot of out of state company over for t day, and do some early gift exchanges.

I admit, it is I that always asks for people to post their trees!

Christmas trees make me HAPPY and I love to see them all!

Used to be we could buy a lovely tree for $20. Then little stumpy ones went to $80-$120. Well we still bought them but now we can't even find any to buy! And the one time we did (last year) it's price tag was bigger than it was!

We went to Lowes and got a HUGE prelit one with pine cones on it for around $300 (thanks mom!
default_laugh.png
) and so we had it last year! I also have another smaller fake one. I decorate both.

The small one has the mismatched, homey type ones. And my big tree has been done the same for 25 years. Tons of color lights, tons of reflective color orns. Gold garlands, that delicate tinsel. And now since last year, due to my special, wonderful friend, we have an Angel to put on top!

I SO miss real trees! I wish I had a small real one just so I can smell it!

I grew up going out on the ranch and cutting our own. *sigh*

We always get a real tree because my sister was allergic to them growing up, so we always had fake. Now that I have my own house, I get real trees. I love how you can get a whiff of pine now and then, while its up. We get a tiny tree, about 2-4 feet tall, and I have to have TONS of colored lights. I love tree lights. Our theme is horses, of course. All of our ornaments mean something, but they are all horses.
default_smile.png

REAL Tree here..........but we live in Christmas tree growing country.
default_yes.gif

Theme? Our theme is centered all around memories. We have ornaments from our childhood, ornaments from our early marriage, ornaments that have been gifted to us from loved ones......
default_wub.png

We always get a real tree here too; a Dougas Fir or a Fraiser Fir.

I don't think I ever buy an ornament. All our ornaments are mixed matched. Some I had as a child that somehow made it through all these years. Others are from my children, things they made at school and others came from friends.

Michael has his own real tree outside in the entranceway, a Cannaan Fir that Jody at Stonehaven sent and he has all his own ornaments for it that were sent from friends. Most of them are stars, angels, and crosses.

We have artificial trees. For years, I've had an average sized tree, with multi colored lights. No real theme, but I mostly have "toy" ornaments (trains, rocking horses, a drum, etc) and animals (all kinds-horses of course, a bison, cats, deer, birds). The topper is a gold star that looks just like one we had on our tree when I was a child. We have a tradition that we buy one new ornament a year. This year was a silver dove. This has been our sole tree til this year, now that we are in the new house we have two trees. The origianl tree is in the loft, you can look up and see it from the living room/dining room. The new tree is in the living room, it is a 9 foot tree with all white lights. It has a blue and silver theme, the topper is a silver snowflake and the tree skirt is silver with a snowflake pattern. Its pretty but I like the other tree better. My husband wanted the 9 footer decorated like that. I really prefer lots of color. My husband is the one who wanted that tree all in blue silver, we always compromise on things-I have my minis so let him have that tree how he wants LOL.

Latest posts

Back