Do you ever sleep with your windows open?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not where I am at now but I did where I lived before moving here to Palm Beach, FL. The doors were rarely locked back then as well and then my divorce came and both doors and windows were locked.

Always sleep with my window open! Even in the winter sometimes, but then it's only open about a crack. My dad gets a major fire going in our woodstove and it gets about 90 sometimes in the house so the window feels so good even if it is in the middle of the winter
default_biggrin.png
Also another thing I do year round is have my fan on. Even if it's not facing me I HAVE to have it on for white noise. It's a habbit I got into a few years ago and can't sleep right without it. I live out in the woods so it's WAY to silent without it
default_laugh.png

Always sleep with the bedroom door ajar. Love the sound of the birds. Don't have a lot of insects here so not an issue....

We have a rooster a block over and he's fine but wouldn't want him any closer.

I only shut the door in the AM when the farm dog, one property over, starts his

yapping in the morning. Don't do yappy dogs.

Art and I live where the black top ends... Nutin out here but Coyotes. We leave the keys in our cars over night and never lock our doors. Windows are wide open all day, even when we are not home, when it is cool enough to do so. But, if there is something out at night our Coyote, Okie and Tessa Joe alert a five mile radius to the "danger" that is lurking in the dark. And they are house dogs, so they rattle the house. Usually it is a skunk. I keep Dawn, Baking soda and White Vinegar on hand for the frequent skunk sprayings...

Okie-fine...a chance to make fun of myself!

While we sleep outside whenever possible and love open windows, I never met a door I didn't lock. I have such a strong habit that Keith frequently gets locked out (not intentionally, hehe)

Okie-fine...a chance to make fun of myself!

While we sleep outside whenever possible and love open windows, I never met a door I didn't lock. I have such a strong habit that Keith frequently gets locked out (not intentionally, hehe)

Same here, Susanne!
default_yes.gif
I trained my daughters to do the same. And yes... sometimes I hear knocking and there's hubby, locked out of the house again, lol! It's just automatic for me.

We don't have AC. Our big picture bedroom window is screened and wide open 24/7. We also have a big box fan running. The fan does provide some "white noise" at night. Fortunately, we also have a big Willow Tree at that corner of the house which keeps things shaded.

It sure surprises me how many of you actually like the racket nature makes at night and in the early morning! For myself, (and I grew up in the country and have always lived out in the country), I need it quiet to sleep, except for the white noise of a fan. I just went outside around 10:30 PM because I forgot to turn the sprinkler off and there was an owl hooting like crazy. I just can't sleep through the noise. I guess at my age it's hard to sleep, anyway, so any disturbance is a pain in the patoot.

I wouldn't worry about security, though. My two labs sleep right outside the bedroom and they'd go berserk if someone tried to get in. Plus, my husband and I have some nice iron on the nightstands. Mine is a Ruger 9mm and my husband's is a .345 Magnum, plus I have a 20 gauge shotgun right next to the nightstand. My husband has a 12 gauge.

Yep! Love it! Turned off the A/C and slept with all the windows open last night with a nice breeze circulating throughout the house. We don't have to worry about security where we live; we hardly ever even lock our doors. Love hearing the crickets etc. chirping...They actually put me to sleep
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back