Do you currently own miniature horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

MillerK

Reaction score
Curious what the current ratio is here.

I have 15 minis, down now from 30 head I had a few years ago. 6 stallions, 1 gelding, 8 mares.
My oldest is a 35 year old mare I bought when she was 4 yrs, all the rest are horses that I bred and were born here.
3 mares are 24 yrs, one 26 yrs, one 27 yrs, one 22 yrs and one 19 yrs
6 stallions are one 31 yrs, the one in my avatar(Max) one 23 yrs, two are 22 yrs, one 21 yrs, one 16 yrs.
several are former show horses, halter and driving.
needless to say, I stopped breeding 15 years ago.

I currently have four miniature mares, three miniature geldings, a Shetland gelding, a quarter horse mare and a OTTB gelding. I have had miniatures off and on since 1978.
My oldest mini is 26, the youngest is 7. Last breeding was 8 years ago, then gelded the stallions.

I currently have two minis. I am new to owning horses and just love my babies! I got Peanut from a breeder and brought him home right after he was weaned, he’s 2 years old now.

My boyfriend’s parents also got Dani who is about 7 from a family that was moving. We’re not sure exactly what type of horse she is and the family we got her from didn’t know much. Maybe y’all can help, she’s a bit larger than Peanut, maybe 6H while Peanut is 4H. Is she considered a pony? My ferrier told me she’s a class C mini but I’m not sure what that means exactly? Any information y’all might have would be great!

Here’s a couple pictures of my two babies, Peanut is brown (or bay?) and Dani is white.

Attachments

• 9FE5F86A-8C3E-4223-A8A4-922ADB365CB3.jpeg
    9FE5F86A-8C3E-4223-A8A4-922ADB365CB3.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 8FC033F7-4577-4F0C-9B22-31B22FD48E35.jpeg
    8FC033F7-4577-4F0C-9B22-31B22FD48E35.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1
We have two minis. Lillie and Pippin, and we have had them for almost 4 years now. They are little pets to us, we do not show or drive them. Lillie is a redish brown color, and Pippin is Silver Dapple/Brown color. They are both so cute!

I have two miniatures, a gelding and a mare. Both are Combined Driving competitors. My mare has also competed in pleasure shows at halter and driving.

We have 170 miniature horses and raised our first 55 years ago. You can take a tour of our ranch and see all the horses at littleamericaminis.com

I currently have 5. One silver bay tobiano stallion, a bay Appaloosa gelding, 2 bay mares and a black mare. I bought the mares together a couple of years ago, but somehow my herd continues to grow...

Three minis and a slightly larger than mini donkey live here.

Gosh...I forgot to mention that WE ALSO have a mini donkey in our herd. Her name is Ella and I love her to pieces! (She drives my husband nuts with her braying just before feeding times, but she make me laugh)

Haha yes the braying is something else. So loud lol. Sounds like a car alarm which sets off all the other horses. Sometime the neighbor horses call back. It's very funny. Sometimes I worry that the neighbors hate me.

Back