Do not understand futurity

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue S

Reaction score
My stallion's sire was futurity nominated in 1997 with HAME(futurity Champion) MN. AMHR futurity Champion, MN. AMHA Futurity Reserve Champion, and in 1998 quilified for Futuritys in all above and MMHC, never knew what this meant, Could someone explain this to me and is this for show horses or any miniture horse? His father was a show horse and my stallion isn't.

Having your foals in the futurity really makes the market for your foals larger imo. Each year you can futurity nominate your stallions and mares to have the resulting foals produced from the crossing put in the futurity. It has more to do with showing, shows offer futurity classes. It helps the breeders be able to compare where their program is at and how it places agianst others programs.

Also, you can win back money in the futurity classes, especially at the national and congress (worlds to im sure) level the paybacks are quite large. Just flip through The Journal and look at the futurity paybacks awarded at congress and nationals this year
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back