Do not give advice on injuries or illness!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I got a call a couple of days ago from the VA Board of Licensing regarding two complaints filed against me for practicing Vetrinary medicine on this forum without a license. IT is a serious offense that can result in criminal charges!!![/SIZE]

The investigator is coming to talk to me next wed regarding two complaints recieved from nemisis (some of you know who the two parties are) of the forum alleging that I comitted a crime giving advice about an antibiotic on a thread on this forum. Even if there are no grounds, if a complaint is filed they have to investigate.

This is notice that I Lynette Jacobs aka lyn_j will no longer make recomendations regarding illness or injuries on this or any other forum. It would behove anyone asking or giving advice along those lines not to coment in writing here but rather in PM or e mails.

Lyn

Wow Lyn,

It's hard to believe that anyone on this forum would do that. I would hope that people realize that when they ask for advice they are not talking to a vet but someone that only may have had a previous experience with something similar. Only an idiot would treat their horse based solely on forum advice. I learn a lot of things from the forum and I run things by my vet to see if it's accurate. My friend probably would have lost a horse to hyperlipidemia if it weren't for the forum and other mini owners advice...it just wasn't something our vet had seen before. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I don't know who made the complaints, but what a bunch of moron's. I also must add that if someone is going to report you they could also do it based on pm's....so I would only give a specific reply if you know the person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Lyn that you are experiencing this. I know we all want to help when someone is in need, but this is what I've tried to caution everyone about (for the record, it wasn't me who reported you). Hopefully, the advice didn't result in harm. Nowadays, we all have to be careful of what and how we say things as they may turn around and bite us in the rear (even if it was meant to help).

Lyn, I'm not exactly sure what threads were reported since I've cut back my activity on this forum (no time to read it!) but I seriously doubt you'll have to deal with any fines. Its extremely hard to prosecute this type of crime.

That is unbelieveable! Someone just trying to cause problems. Wow, hard to believe. This is where people exchange ideas and try to help others through a hard time. Sorry, Im sure it will go away, but just getting through it will be a hassle.

new_shocked.gif
Oh Lyn, this is just so wrong !!! To the ones that did this"Get Real People" Someone try's to help you and you pull this! Remember the verse "Do unto others?? Lyn, maybe they will go take a hike on an interstate at rush hour
biggrin.gif
hehe,nuff said cheryl

WOW! Even with the differences of opinions that sometimes occur here on the Forum, I think of this place as being a supportive, friendly family. We hurt and grieve with those who have losses, we celebrate the births of foals and show successes and suggestions are offered when advice is asked for. Shame on those who reported you!! No one here who is not truly a vet has ever represented themselves as one. All anyone has ever done is tell of experiences they themselves have had. No one can diagnosis what is wrong with a horse without first being a vet and second examining the animal in person.

I am really sorry this has happened to you. It's just not right.

Carin, It wasnt any one ON the forum it is two parties that stalk the forum who have issues with some of us for our personal convictions.

There were no specific animals affected by the advise given. I wont know the specific thread but the woman coming to investigate me said she will bring the complaints and read them to me and cite the specific thread... it was from back in 2004 sometime where I recomended not to give antibiotics for a suspected infection unless it was known because giving antibiotics too liberally can cause the body to be immune to them when they are really needed.....something like that. I think that there are many breeders who self diagnose and medicate even at the recomendations of their vets who will leave a supply of meds at the farm and then when we think we need them some have come to the forum for advice on what to give and when till the vet can arrive.

I will know more wed afternoon when she comes.

Lyn

[SIZE=21pt]Yes Lyn I am so sorry but don't let them get to you. We already have all the grey hairs we need, right Lyn? I heard they are at it again, (sigh) and lets just be sure that everyone knows that these are not forum members but pathetic lurkers who love to stir the pot and don't leave us alone are not welcomed here. For the newbies, it's been going on for years and hopefully someday this too shall pass. [/SIZE]

You have got to be kidding...

Took the words out of my mouth
ohmy.gif
People should know better then that, why would any one do that! Thats insane. Wow, what some one wont do in there spare time to ruin some ones life.

Oh hells bells. Some folks just gotta get a life and let us live ours. Lyn, when Tess died your experience helped "how many" others? Because you shared.
wub.gif

Gimme a break. I just offered some motherly advice to Katie whose horse cut his head. Sheesh. Go ahead bad people sue me! Whenever I offer any personal advice that I have used in my experience with my horses I usually also advise calling a vet as I am not one and every one knows this. When I have had trouble no one hesitated to help me. God forbid folks STOP offering advice. I sure as heckfire won't.
aktion033.gif

MaryLou have provided us with a forum that is a veritable fount of info and companionship. Shame on those who would do this to you or anyone else. My thoughts and prayers are with you, once those investigators meet you Lyn, it will go away. This really tweeks me.
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
frusty.gif
new_let_it_all_out.gif
torch.gif
pray.gif

Oh Lyn, I am soo sorry to hear that. People have nothing better to do then to complain AHHH!!!

Just when you are trying to help someone out then turn around and stab you in the back. I don't get it.

People like that should not be allowed on this forum!!!
no.gif
no.gif

This is so unbelievable!!!
no.gif

Just how LOW do these people go..and I know who you are talking about. Can you imagine anyone who would take the time to HARASS someone over something like advice..seems like some kind of breach of our right to FREE SPEECH...

This IS America....RIGHT????

nicole said:
Oh Lyn,  I am soo sorry to hear that.  People have nothing better to do then to complain AHHH!!! 
Just when you are trying to help someone out then turn around and stab you in the back.  I don't get it. 

People like that should not be allowed on this forum!!!
no.gif

no.gif

472681[/snapback]

Nicole.....these people ARE NOT ALLOWED on the Forum.
no.gif
But since it's a "public" forum...they can lurk & read. I know a lot of you "newbies" here won't know what this is all about...but suffice it to say, these people are incredibly hateful, vicious & seem to have nothing better to do in their lives than to cause a lot of trouble & headaches for genuinely NICE people!
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Unbelievable. Hang in there Lyn, you have lots of support here and surely these morons will find something more exciting to do with their time. Sheesh.

Jan

Lyn,

I can guess who the people are. And I cannot imagine that they have a leg to stand on.

We all share on here and mostly from our own experiences or to pass on advice we

learned from our own vets. And usually everyone stresses to the poster to call a vet!

Where are these people coming from? Do they have a life -- a constructive life?

Don't these people realize that they ruin their own reputations by doing stuff like this?

Hang in there, Lyn!

MA

Well i thought they had gone and left us alone for a bit i guess not. Hmm we must be awful important for them to pay so much attention to everything that is said and done- I wasnt aware we were so powerful at least to them who also considers us totally insignificant..
wacko.gif

One can only guess there own things arent taking off like they had thought or they might not have so much time to put into what we are doing

Last edited:
Oh Please!

It seems that the forum terms make it clear that opinions and advice are offered.

smileypuke.gif

[SIZE=14pt]We cant discuss the current law suit here. These "complaints" to the Board are separate issues but the same people involved.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back