Do not give advice on injuries or illness!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You lurkers are most likely reading this. You best hope & pray that a guardian angel is always with you if & whenever you need emergency help..... May you never need the help of a good samaritan while you are waiting for the help that you feel only a "licensed trained qualifed" individual can give you............... I shiver to think what this world would be like if it were filled with people who did not have a helpful, caring, supportive spirit about them..................................................... ohhorsepee- Those people do not post on the forum- they do however read it... I'm sure that Mary Lou does not want to keep the hundreds of other good hearted lurkers from reading this forum.

OH Gosh I just posted on the wrong thread and brought that topic up front.

Here is what I meant to say on this one!

L'il Beginnings Forums are intended for the open exchange of opinions only. Facts and advice must be taken in that context and should not be acted upon without third party verification. The opinions expressed do not represent the opinions of L'il Beginnings, they only represent the views of the members offering their opinions. L'il Beginnings and it's moderators are not responsible for the content of the opinions posted. All members, guests and anonymous users are required to abide by the rules and regulations of the forums as noted at this link. Opinions may be offensive to those who disagree, however attacks on or off of the forum are inappropriate. It is the management's sole discretion to remove posts or ban individuals from participating in the exchange with or without prior warning. Opinions are protected free speech and it is the intent of the forums to preserve that freedom.

I hope I did not mess things up? I have always thought of this board as advise and experience only. With out it and the advise given, many of my horses would be dead now. Many big horse vets do understand the complexity or exactness of treating miniature horses.

Beth Wirht

This is ridiculous!!!!!! Whatever happened to freedom of speech! Do people like that stalk our private conversations in the barn aisles at shows or our stables as well??? We have ALL been asked questions at some point in time about our experiences with different diseases, medications, training, EVERYTHING!!! We are human! We communicate by speech! WHAT is this world coming to!!! This forum as well as any other forum of ANY kind is here for people who share a common interest to share their views and experiences. What CAN we say that won't spark some fools interest in a law suit??? Are we going to be reduced to "well, today I went to the barn and fed my horse. Came back up to the house." Heaven forbid I say WHAT I fed my horse or how much or why I feed it!!!

Lyn, I am so sorry for you. I'm sure that nothing will come of this but it is a sad state of affairs that this can even happen to you or to anyone else for that matter.
no.gif

OhHorsePee said:
If everyone (except me) knows who these individuals are, and from what I am reading, and this is just one of their little performances can't they just be banned from the forum?

473105[/snapback]

They HAVE been banned, from posting, but they can still read it.

It's sad to think that people prefer to spend their time and energy trying to HURT other people, instead of leaving them alone, or HELPING people... sigh...

I come to this board often for opinions. Every time I read a post I take into account who the information is coming from and that is based on experience and things that posters have been told. Sometimes opinions are helpful, other times not at all.

We all know that vets aren't perfect and many have limited knowledge of minis. The truth of the matter is that we are a group of people with more collective experience with minis than any vet in my area. I don't act upon any suggestions given here, but I often discuss these ideas with my vet. I am thankful for a place like this forum to draw from the experience of other mini owners.

Because many of the forum members who post here are highly respected for their experience, it is does seem important that they make it clear in their posts that they are just here as a resource for others. It would be a shame to lose all of this experience from people like Lyn because of fear of being accused of giving veterinary advice.

I am very thankful for this forum and all of the opinions!

What is the forum for then? THere is a disclaimer on the first page that says these are opinions. You don't sign things with a DVM on the end! Praying that this will blow over Lyn what a waste of time and money. We have so many better things to worry about!

I only have ONE thing to say about this entire thread.

It has been my experience that NO good deed goes unpunished!!!

saludando.gif

Tommy

I have a pretty good guess who the trouble makers are and I also wonder what happened to free speech.

It is unfortunate that people cannot reply on a forum without being harrassed.

IN MY OPINION - what goes around, comes around, and people who do unkind things eventually have to pay for their mean ways.

Hang in there Lynn..... you know that the forum is behind you!

Pam

We have a wonderful disclaimer on this forum that Mizbeth already been posted on this thread that I think would just about cover this issue!! As has also been mentioned there is freedom of speech. I know this is just a personal vendetta directed at you, Lyn. Keep your chin up, most of us know what this is really all about and it's really a bushel full of nonsense!!! This too shall pass....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back