Do mini Lice look like People lice??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElliesMom

Reaction score
I check in Ellies mane yesterday and didnt see anything moving....do the lice look like people lice? Are they as big? Will I see them moving?? Ive dealt with head lice on my child at one time, but not on a horse. It just looked like some dandruff to me.....could this be mites??? Thanks once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
ElliesMom said:
I check in Ellies mane yesterday and didnt see anything moving....do the lice look like people lice? Are they as big? Will I see them moving?? Ive dealt with head lice on my child at one time, but not on a horse.  It just looked like some dandruff to me.....could this be mites??? Thanks once again!
465733[/snapback]

yes, lice can look like dandruff. separate the mane and stick a little piece of scotch tape in there and pull it off. Lice should be easier to see stuck to the tape and held up to the light. treat with ivermectin pour on or even ivermectin(Orally) wormer every 12 days for 2 months. that will break the egg laying cycle and kill the adults... or use over the counter lice shampoos( those meant for horses, mix following directions) every 10 to 12 days for 2 months....

Back