Do I Need a Bigger Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What change should be made?

• Total voters

Katiean

Reaction score
This is a harness I bought last summer. I never got it out onto any of the horses until today. Missy is very pregnant (starting to bag) and the harness was on all of the smallest settings and I think I set the saddle on her withers.Also note the length of the traces.

001-3.jpg

I can't decide if the brest collar is too high or too low.

002-4.jpg

Do you think the crouper is a bit long. I guess I could cut it down.

003-2.jpg

Two sets of turrets for this small of a horse is is bit over kill.

004-1.jpg

default_no.gif
That definately looks like a pony harness, rather than a mini harness. The bridles seems to fit, but I think by the time you finished hacking at this to try to make it fit, you will end up pretty-much ruining it, and still not have a decently fitting harness.

Looks like you will have to sell this one, and get a smaller one. Pooh!

default_no.gif
That definately looks like a pony harness, rather than a mini harness. The bridles seems to fit, but I think by the time you finished hacking at this to try to make it fit, you will end up pretty-much ruining it, and still not have a decently fitting harness.

Looks like you will have to sell this one, and get a smaller one. Pooh!
The bridle is only set on the top of her head over the halter and all that hair. I can use the bridle on my stud (he has the biggest head of all my horses)If I adjust it all the way down and then I can not get the ends of the straps all the way into the keepers. So, it is kind of a bust all the way around.

If you have a shoe fix it shop in the area, let them do the adjustments that you need. They have the equipment to do a professional job. You could ask at your feed store, or your farrier or vet, if they know someone in the area who works with leather.

How tall is your mini?
Missy is, if you want to take the show measurement is 31 3/4". If you take the measurement on her papers she is 32". I do have 2 34" horses but it fits them just as badly. Missy just holds still the best.

I voted smaller harness for your horse... although I think you'd have fun with an American Shetland, too, so you wouldn't have to sell that harness. Why not go for both
default_smile.png

Andrea

Yes, I would have to agree, that harness even "made to fit" would still look too heavy/bulky for a mini...

I had a similar problem with a harness I really loved, but ended up returning because it was just not fitting my miniatures proportions correctly.

It is a nice looking harness though.

Latest posts

Back