Do I have a pyromaniac?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I try to keep the weeds in my corral down by hoeing or running a square shovel over the ground to cut them off. I let them dry, then make a little pile and burn them every few days. Hawk is totally facinated by fire. He gets as close to it as he can. I'm sure his whiskers have been singed. Then he goes to stand in the smoke. If he were a man, you probably wouldn't want him near a forest...

I will try to take a picture next time I have a pyre. Is he normal?

My animals aren't this drawn to fire, but they don't seem very afraid of it, either. They stand back just far enough to not get burned. A while back, my husband used a chain saw to cut down a dead tree in the pasture. He had to shoo Syd away, she kept trying to "help!" Good thing she can't manage a pull-start!

Who'da thunk the trees wouldn't be safe from the minis?
default_biggrin.png

Go and have a look at my post in the photo section. Bailey loves a fire.
default_yes.gif

We light a fire in the fire drum, Bailey backs up to it, rests his leg and falls asleep. All he needs is a beer in his hand just like men do around the fire.

Willow has no interest in the fire drum. She keeps her distance.

It's winter here so Bailey loves the warmth of the fire. I'm just scared that his fluffy winter coat will go up in flames!
default_new_shocked.gif

He sounds like he must be a smart and inquisitive horse. BUT, I'm happy he doesn't have an opposable thumb and a match
default_biggrin.png

Once, I heard or read that some people think the opposable thumb is a major reason why man evolved. I'm always telling my dogs "just think what you could do if you only had a thumb!"
default_biggrin.png

Yes, Maplegum, I did see your post in photos and it is exactly what my guy does. AND he would also love to help with chain saws, and drive the tractor. You know, I think I need to buy myself a filly so I can have someone to do GIRL STUFF with.

Back