Do donkeys bite?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuGGler_j0e

Reaction score
Just wondering... can donkeys bite? I mean like just up and biteing with no warning?
upset.gif

Do they have teeth??LOL It depends on the personality of the animal and the situation???

Saturday one of the younger donkeys tried to eat my coat
nono.gif
and I had to make him quit about 5 times before he finaly figured out he wasn't suppose to do that.

Earl another donk of ours, grabs on to anyones clothes if they come close enough to his stall, and will just HOLD you there until you give ONLY him attention, then he lets go. He has never bitten anyone, just a bad habit he has of grabbing the clothes! YEs, donks can bite..especially jacks, and you should ALWAYS be especially careful when breeding.

My baby donkey bites me all the time playfully. I am trying to break her of that without discouraging her palyfulness. My jack is laid back and has never bit anyone. He is a gem. He has bit the quarter horse plenty. His is attemping just that in my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any animal can bite. However I have never been bite by a donkey, not even a baby.

Back