Do any of you know any of these stallions?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabellarose

Reaction score
Do any of you know any of these stallions? Were/Are any of these stallions "remarkable" in any way that you know or remember? Would any of you happen to have any pictures of these stallions that you could share with me? Do any of you own one or more of these stallions? I am very new to the breed and I am doing a bit of pedigree research on one of my mares. Please feel free to tell me anything you know or remember; PM me if you would be more comfortable with that. I'd be interested in any details; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

H. Bryant's 1 Eyed Jack

Rembrandtes Reflection

Taylor's Smokey Man

Johnston's Starlight Ranger

Belvedeers Hot Rod-S

Hilltop's Little Vegas

I had no luck on my own.

Thanks!

H. Bryant's 1 Eyed Jack sounds like Hal Bryant would own. He is on the forum as Hal & Deb Bryant.

Hilltop's Little Vegas is owned by Jean Barnhill known as Jean_B here on the forum. He is sterile now but has thrown some nice horses.

Johnstons Starlight Ranger is a 1980 AMHA red roan, 30.50". He was bred by L.R. Johnston and according to the Outstanding Stallions book he is owned by Genise Inman, Las Doradas Ranch, Plymouth, CA. Starlight Ranger is by Roan Ranger and out of Starlight II. He is a 1986 AMHA Reserve National Grand Champion Senior Stallion and the horse who beat him was Hemlock Brooks Egyptian King. He has thrown a couple of halter winners.

Sorry don't know about the others.

I know Hilltops Little Vegas he is a Gorgeous

Zebra Dun Stallion Owned by Dusty Lane Miniatures

I have a Grand Daughter of his
default_wub.png

Johnston's Starlight Ranger is deceased. He passed on in the winter of 2003-2004, I believe it was. I knew him just before he passed. He was a grand old gentleman. Very gorgeous stallion, friendly, and sired beautiful babies. Genise Inman was his last owner.

I think Tony might have some of these stallions on his website. Little America historical stallions pages. You could start there.

I think Tony might have some of these stallions on his website. Little America historical stallions pages. You could start there.
No, but thank you. Unless there is another webpage on that website that I did not see. I clicked on the "Historical Stallions" link and none of them were on that list (it was a very short list).

Thank you all for your help, please keep the replies coming.

I was very sad to hear that Ranger had passed on when Genise told me. It was a pasture accident with a mare companion in January of 2004. Apparently she kicked him when he was feeling "frisky". His last foals were born in 2004. I had seen him in person a month or two before, and while he looked skinny, he seemed to be in good spirits.

Latest posts

Back