DNA Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dognpony

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 2 miniature horses almost 3 years ago as weanlings When I purchased the horses they came with a written guarantee of AMHA registration. The breeder had made a mistake on one of the horse's stallion reports and amha told me my horse will need to be parent qualified now in order to be registered.

I have paid for the DNA kit for my horse's dam, and had it sent to the breeder and I have dozens of emails from her promising that she will pull the hair, but she has not. I now have found out that the dam recently died. I am told there are hairs that were already pulled, but that they are old. Does anyone know how long do they last once pulled?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a person that has tried to cause me problems for a very long time.

I thought I was selling GELDINGS.

I won't go into the whole dirty laundry of this person, but it just goes to show you how much this person cares about horses.

I CRIED for three days, until my eye's were swollen when my Flash died during foaling. I think some of you remember. She is wanting me to dig up a barried horse....What does that tell you about the person I am dealing with.

One lesson I have learned, that I should have learned along time ago from this forum. Get EVERYTHING IN WRITING. Don't take the person's word if you do not know them.

I will try not to go into all the dirty laundry...but, these two miniatures were bought from me UNDER FALSE STATEMENTS they made to me. I can PROVE IT!

Last edited:
You told me you already pulled the hairs and they were old. I am merely trying to find out if anyone knows how long they are good for.

I have an email from you telling me I should keep them both stallions. You also advertised them as homozygous and told me they cost so much because they will only throw pintos. Now what is the use of having a homozygous horse if they can't pass it on because they are a gelded?

I suggest you stop slandering me on this board, I am merely trying to get advice and I did not use your name. I have done nothing wrong but wait three years for you to keep your promise to me.

I am not responding to you anymore. PLEASE stop harrassing me and not telling the whole truth.

Sorry you are having trouble getting your horses registered. Hind sight is always 20/20. I always register as quickly as possible to try to avoid such problems.

In regards to your question, I have heard of people saving hair samples for quite some time, but don't know personally how long they would be useful.

When I purchased the horses they came with a written guarantee of AMHA registration.
Sounds like you may have a case for legal action. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back