Disturbing sight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first mini was a rescue from a circus. They were giving a pony away because he was lame, and what they didn't realize is that he wasn't getting any food to eat either!!! The biggest problem with the treatment that Bilbo got was IGNORANCE!!!
xbud.gif
In my opinion, that's what we fight most of the time...If it was me, here is what I would do:

1)First go to your local ASPC. Show them the picture, and tell them that you were unable to take any more, and you suspect neglect or abuse. Ask for a welfare check.

2)Next, (and don't wait for the ASPCA to get back to you) go to the better business bureau, and let them know that they are advertising falsely.

3) Write a letter to your editorial page in your paper...let the general public know what is going on...an outraged public is a mighty thing. Take a copy of your letter, and give it to one or two local TV stations.

4) Write a letter to the people themselves...let them know that you know a good way for them to get rid of the pony, so they don't have to deal with it...you could buy it, or let CMHR in on it, and maybe they can do a rescue...

And if all else fails, set up a display of your own...If there's a local miniature horse group close to you, they may be able to help you out with this...take a few well mannered horses out to a local feed store, a park, or on the beach, and EDUCATE the public about miniature horses. If you have a horse that is smaller than the poor little guy in the box, they have that horse displayed too...in a good pen, where people can touch it, and learn about the proper way to care for our horses, and all the wonderful things they can do.

Kim R.

This came to our fair a few years ago. Paid the $1 to get in and once in, started (loudly) asking questions. Not belligerent or argumentive, just conversationally:

1. Where is he from? - his answer - Argentina. MY ANSWER - NO, if he was from Argentina he would be an appaloosa and he's not.

2. How big is he - his answer - 5 hands. MY ANSER - NO If he was 5 hands he would be 20 inches and hes certainly larger than that.

3 - Is this the "World's Smallest Horse"? Him - Yep. Mine - Nope, I've got one at home smaller than this one.

There were about 6-8 people in the booth watching us. As soon as I left, he closed the exhibit entrance and it wasn't open the remainder of the fair. As I recall it left early.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I remember going to this fair and seeing a mini like that. If I am not mistaken it was a traveling fair. It is sad to see that he has to live such a confined life, that is so unnatural for him, with no other horses for company.. I did manage to get him to look up at me and could see the depression in his eyes. I felt sorry for him and would have said something but nobody spoke english at this fair. Hopefully someone will rescue this lil guy from such a sad life and he wont have to live as there pawn any more.
no.gif

Latest posts

Back