Distressing Halter Video- Cruel Training Techniques!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
I just watched a scene from Everything Miniature with Jim Curry- Showing your Miniature at Halter. I must say it was rather distressing to see how he confused the poor colt he was trying to teach leading to. He put a stallion chain IN ITS MOUTH and just yanked and yanked on it. He told the horse to get up here, it moved up and just a little bit too close to him, instead of pushing him over with a crop or lead rope he yanked on its mouth which made it throw up its head and go backwards. He said NO! Get up here. The horse moved up and he said "You're coming too close!" and yanked on the chain again. Talk about sending MIXED SIGNALS!!! Poor horse didn't know what to do. All I can say that is not a proper way to train a horse and a displeasing image for the uneducated public to believe yanking and hurting a horse's tongue will make it want to walk nicely with you!
default_no.gif

I haven't seen this video but I do happen to know Jim Curry. Jim is a good man and a good horsemen. There are times when it is acceptable to put a stallion chain in a horse's mouth. I use them with horses that yank away from me or try to bully ahead. Regarding to what you've seen, I can't really comment as I don't know what the horse was doing beforehand.

Hi,

If the video caused you some concern, why don't you give him a call and visit with him. He may enlighten you as to why he was using the stud chain. He may have been trying to show you how to use it in the proper manner and not in a manner that would be considered as abuse.

Karen

This topic has been locked as it's just not fair to publicly criticize someone and/or their training techniques and in effect, ask others to do the same when most likely, not all that will respond, have also seen said video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back