disclosing important info during a sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always as honest as I can be when I sell any animal, not only for the sake of the horse, but the new owner as well. Honesty is the best policy, and I do believe if you sell and are not open about a probelm..it will come back on you and your reputation for selling. I know of someone right now who has a horrible mean aggressive stallion, in the beginning she advertised all his behavior problems, but he wasnt sold..now she has him advertised again, for double his price and tells what a nice breeding stallion he will be, never mentions anything about all his problems, this is one that definitely should be gelded, or if sold at least be honest about ALL his problems! Corinne

Well the time for old sayings and sage advice is past because you already own the horse. Now that you have learned the lesson you will know what to avoid for your nest transaction. There are breeders of minis, ponies and many other breeds of horses who are honest upright and straight forward in their dealings. Then there are horse traders and dealers who disguise themselves as good people. They are just like used car salesman. Their reward is the sale and not much beyond that. These people are so skilled at their craft that they have been known to sell to the same buyer more than once on a few occassions. When dealing with horses unless you know the reputation of the seller as a person who can be trusted the term "buyer beware" applies.

Here is another point to consider........If this animal has been shown and handled by a professional trainer it is possible that this trainers methods are not suitable for your friend.......not trainer bashing at all.......I am female and have a bad back and prefer all my horses exhibit respect with a minimum of effort on my part.....there fore I would not send one of my horses to a trainer who was say a huge strong man because what he considers minimum effort might well be more strength than I have.......

I know of a stallion who had this happen...was shown successfully by one trainer and when the horse sold it was sent to another trainer who had nothing but problems with this animal...it required a stud chain and would drag you around...would rear and strike etc.......this same horse if you beat the snot out of it would show like a fool.....I personally don't like living with an animal I have to go to war with every time I want to do something.........

Just another thing to consider........

Latest posts

Back