Disappointed in AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropenride

Reaction score
I just called AMHR about the show record on a horse, and hung up feeling VERY let down. AMHA was so nice, told me the show record, even repeated it all so I could write it down
default_smile.png
Called AMHR and they can't tell me anything until I send in a request ALONG WITH $5 when I send in the transfer. Only thing they could say over the phone WHEN I'M THE OWNER was regarding HOF points. So I'm asking more questions so I can get my written request right, and OH BTW....SHOW RECORDS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM 2001 ON!!!!! So this horse that showed in the early 90's as a yearling and 2 yr old...that I have a win pic of with a whole wall of ribbons and trophies...now has basically NO SHOW RECORD because AMHR doesn't want to go thru the hand-written copies from pre-2001. I'm just SO disappointed in them right now!!!!!!!
default_no.gif

ropenride

I have yet to figure out how to look up my horse on their site using their system, and he is a current horse on the show circuit
default_new_shocked.gif

AMHR only keeps show results for the current year and can only pull up HOF points. They do not keep previous year results or previous All Star results.

Alicia, to check Frenchie's record go to the home website and scroll down under the Resources to Show Results. Click on AMHR results. This will take you to "Show Results Online" with a bunch of options. To pull up placings under a show, click on By Class and find the correct show. There you can see who was in the class and how they all placed. To pull up his individual record, go to Hall of Fame Life to Date and enter his registration number.

OR, you could ask your trainer.
default_wink.png
LOL!

Ropenride,

Maybe you can volunteer to go through all the handwritten records and offer to type them all into a computer system? Not trying to be sarcastic, but if you really are concerned about it, you should put your time where you mouth is and offer to do it.

The economy sucks, end of story. There is no money to hire more staff. I'd prefer that my registrations, transfers, show entries, memberships, etc, etc etc, be priority to the staff that is there over organizing show records from 1989. Just my opinion.

If I thought that they would be willing to send me copies of the handwritten show records so I could enter them in a database...I'd volunteer in a minute!!!! But living several states away from the office, I doubt they'd go for that. I realize that places are short of staff, money and time....I just thought that getting the AMHR show record for an older horse I bought would be fairly simple. And then to find out that there aren't even any AMHR show records AVAILABLE prior to 2001........so it's not even a matter of anyone giving old show records priority over your registrations and transfers Matt...they're just treating the hand-written records as if they don't exist. It wasn't even that I minded sending in $5 for the info either. Oh well, if this is my biggest disappointment this month I should rejoice.

I've been trying to look up my horses hall of fame life to date and every time i try (on multiple computers) it either times out or comes back as an error message

" Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'clng'

/webreports/hofLifeToDateList.asp, line 13"

Kind of disappointing because I wanted to see how close my guy is to finishing them up, and plan show season accordingly.

I've been trying to look up my horses hall of fame life to date and every time i try (on multiple computers) it either times out or comes back as an error message" Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Kind of disappointing because I wanted to see how close my guy is to finishing them up, and plan show season accordingly.

I dont have this problem I have looked up all of my horses with no trouble...If you want I can look it up on my computer if you wanna give me your R reg. #.

I've been trying to look up my horses hall of fame life to date and every time i try (on multiple computers) it either times out or comes back as an error message" Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

I dont have this problem I have looked up all of my horses with no trouble...If you want I can look it up on my computer if you wanna give me your R reg. #.

I sent you a PM with his registration number

I sent you a PM with his registration number
Ok I sent the results to you.

This is a pet peeve of mine - I will admit. The early '90's should not be unavailable to us. That wasn't that long ago.

Matt - I agree to a certain extent. The economy sucks. But these shows happened way before the economy tanked. This IMHO is an issue with the AMHR/ASPC office.

Until the new system - they previously dumped the preceding years data from our access on the web and start anew with the current year.

Okay - so they have tons of paperwork available to figure this stuff out, and we have to pay for it.

No one has back tracked since the new system to start entering what is in the hard copies - as a database person, going from hard copy through data entry, is not impossible, but labor intensive.

What to do, what to do - we could do imaging and let people look it up themselves. But this will take money to get an archival database set up. But - I believe it is the better choice. WHY?

An archival database or better known as Imaging hard copies of shows, will reduce mistakes 99%. You are taking a copy of the actual paper submitted to report a show.

Then What?

It's assigned a unique ID - Okay SO here is an example - Summer_Show_99_Lexington_KY. Tells me the name of the show, the year and the location. 4 ways to search it and pull the pages up.

So Voila' - I can go online and look up the show firsthand and pull my own placings.

Okay - how now do we do this??? Magic question - how do you fund it?

But going forward - we need to still keep track of all horses we show, to keep their historical show results. Unfortunately - anything prior to 2001 - we can't verify with the office. beggers.

Sorry folks, like I said, this is a pet peeve of mine. But it is expensive to do either by hand or through technology.

I wonder if anyone's company that has document imaging technology - had room to borrow the registry to store the documents? That's an interesting idea. Rent the technology and space for storage. The only issue I see is we probably couldn't open it up to everyone's viewing, since it is borrowed.

Then I wonder if there is some place like Digital River that has rental space that could handle the job and the pounding of people looking at their horses show records. HMMMM - that's an idea.

Ropenride,
Maybe you can volunteer to go through all the handwritten records and offer to type them all into a computer system? Not trying to be sarcastic, but if you really are concerned about it, you should put your time where you mouth is and offer to do it.

The economy sucks, end of story. There is no money to hire more staff. I'd prefer that my registrations, transfers, show entries, memberships, etc, etc etc, be priority to the staff that is there over organizing show records from 1989. Just my opinion.
Pardon me but there has been MAJOR problems with the AMHR website and show results for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Those records should be available and whoever is in charge of the data system needs to get their act straightened out. Call up area 1 hall of fame points and you get one horse and one owner and they are not even in area 1! You call or e-mail to get it straightened out and all you are told is they are working on it. I remember one year they worked on it for over 6 months. I love AMHR but they really need to get their act together on the data base. As of a week or so ago there were no shows listed and the following year starts after nationals and there have been shows and none are listed. Matt get your facts straight before you jump in. Linda

Latest posts

Back