Dinah had a...........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Dinah is 18 this year. She's had 9 foals... COLTS! Beautiful colts. So we expected another colt...right?

I went to dip the unbilical and I always tell myself to be caurful to not dip the boy part. And I'm down there and CAN'T FIND THE BOY PART! I thought, it's retracted I bet we have to get the vet out on this one! Then I see these 2 little 'things'! OMG! I look 3 times and even feel of them to be sure. Then Frank says are you sure? I say look under the tail and tell me what you see. LOL Neither of us believed it at first LOL

dinahfilly2.jpg

I had decided that this would be Dinah's last foal. She deserves a retirement. I'm not sure how we will manage that though because she looooves the babies and will try to steal new ones if she doesn't have one.

I just can't believe it. All these years and I've begged her for a daughter just like her! So here she is and we don't even have a name! When Dr Johnston did the IGG he asked her name for their records. I had to say she doesn't have one! What should we name her? She is unbelieveably special to us as is her mother....our first and forever mini. Has to have 'Star' in it for her sire. I can't think of a thing!

I'm going to have to sit on Frank. He'a already talking Liberty class like her mom. Good grief! Not even 2 days old yet!
default_rolleyes.gif

Charlotte

Oh, I forgot... color? What color is she? I thought black when she was wet, but now she's very tanish. more than shows up in the picture. A sooty buckskin? Mom is palomino and dad black. She doesn't look like any other black foal I've had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on a VERY LONG anticipated filly from your beloved mare! She looks lovely!!

Jodi

Congrats Charlotte and Frank! She's a beauty!

Peggy

Edited- ok here is a name or two:

Reflections Star of Wonder

Reflections Wonderful Star

Reflections Unbelievable Star

Reflections Final Star

Last edited by a moderator:
I would color her wonderful. But as for color the experts will have to tell you Congratulations On you FILLY

Congrats -- she is very pretty.. Sounds like big plans for her future also
default_smile.png

[SIZE=14pt]Reflections Wish Upon A Star[/SIZE]

Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif

Wow look at those legs, she is a real beauty. So glad you had a filly to carry on in the tradition of her Mother.

Congrats,

Mary

What a finale for a great mare! I can't wait to see her as she grows. I immediately thought "Wish Upon a Star" too, but here are a couple more:

Reflections Forever a Star

Reflections Star Struck

Reflections Make Me a Star

AWE!!
default_wub.png

CONGRATULATIONS CHARLOTTE!!
default_biggrin.png
SHE is soooo cute!!!
default_wub.png

I know also what its like double and triple checking the parts!
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png

After all our colts born here in, it seems like forever..
default_wacko.png
Then all of the sudden so far this year the first 4 are all fillies!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png
We really don't care as long as they are healthy, but we did a lot of double and triple checking just to be sure.
default_yes.gif

Whats worse is now we sold the stallion and so we said if we "happen" to get a filly FINALLY by him after 2 years of trying we could now keep one back as a possible addition to our herd later on since we no longer own him.
default_biggrin.png
But, now we have to choose which one since they are all pretty nice little fillies.
default_new_shocked.gif

Oh, I can't help with color either, but maybe someone will be on soon to give you a clue.
default_yes.gif

Jeri

Im soooooooooooo happy for you!!! What a blessing

Congratulations, what a doll she is. Dinahs Rising Star?

Jan

What a doll!!
default_wub.png
Congratulations.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I don't know why you'd want to retire the mare when she's still spitting them out like that!! As long as she's healthy and not telling you it's time to retire, she's really not that old for a broodmare......and you said she loves the babies!

Charlotte I am so happy for you, what a pretty little girl. CONGRATS!

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful and finely made!!!

Could her color be bay, or silver bay? That's what she looks like to my eyes.

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back