Dimimore needs our prayers today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
Heard from Deb today. She wont be typing on here today she was lighting her water heater and it blew up on her! Her right hand and arm are badly burned. She was at the Er yesterday and has to go to the dr again today for a dressing change. Of course it is her right hand and she cant do much left handed..... She said the flames were big, she was engulfed somewhat, burnt off her eyebrows and some hair. please put her on your prayer list today!

Lyn

OMG Deb! Burns are the absolute worst--so very painful. Please be sure to keep it covered until it heals. Even the pressure of the air on it can be excruciating. Hope you are feeling better soon and are a quick healer. You are in my prayers!

That is AWFUL -- hope she recovers quickly!!! Ouch Ouch Ouch!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ hugs to Dimimore }}}}}}}}}}}}

JJay

OH LYN YOU I WIILL BE OK MUCH PAIN BUT WILL KNOW MORE AFTER 12 NOON THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHS SURE NEED EM BAD TIME TO BE UNABLE TO DO THINGS SHOPPING NEEDS DO SHAIN IS WONDEFUL TOOK CHARGE ASAP SHIFTED TRUCK SO I COULD GET TO DR ASAP DID CHORES FED ME AND HEATED WATER FOR A WASH DOWN NOW SOME SLEEP 3 HRS SO TIRED CAN ONLY TAKE THE ADVIL WILL TRY MOTRIN LYN AND ASK ABOUT THE OTHER YOU SAID WILL NO BE TYPING ANY MORE LEFT ONLY WORKS AND USE IT HURTSD NECK BUT WILL READ ALL THREADS AS OFTEN AS I CAN LOOK AFTER VIC I'LL KEEP UP WITH HIM IF IT KILLS ME SORRY SPELL REALL BAD I LOVE YOU ALL DEBS

[SIZE=14pt]The really bad thing here is that Debbie is super-sensitive to the pain killers that she needs for the burn and cant take them. First and second degree burns are the most painful because nerve endings are exposed to air and pressure with the epidermis burned. Third degree burns while much worse are less painful because the nerve endings are gone with that layer of tissue. Between that and the fact that she is right handed it is very hard even to do little things like go to the batheroom! She has always been there for us no matter what so we need to send her healing thoughts and prayers like crazy. She deserves them![/SIZE]

Lyn
yes.gif
wub.gif

After all the she has done for me just put her at the very top of my list for prayers and best wishes for a speedy return to good health. I got an email from her and thankfully she has her son with her to lighten the load. I am think about her in her time of need. She kept me going now its my turn to help her.

My prayer are with her. My brother got pushed into a fire 2 years ago and burnt his hand pretty bad. Lots of bandagchanges with silvidine (sp?) cream and you can't even tell he was burnt. I was the one doing the bandage changes 2 times a day.

Christy

Good Lord! Will definitely send out White Light and Prayer to her!

new_shocked.gif
MA

Oh no Dimi, I'm so sorry. Burns are the worst, I hope they heal quickly. We're all here for you ((((((((Hugs))))))))

Oh, Deb...I am so sorry you got burned....... my thoughts & prayers are with you....hope you are on the mend soon......
yes.gif

I really do feel your pain. When Samantha was 16 months old, she pulled a cup of very hot coffee down on herself. Luckly it missed her face but poured all over her chest and stomach. She also had on a one piece onesy, moms know what that is. My grandmother got to her first and yanked that t-shirt off and we put her in the tube with soft towels soaked in cold water while someone got a car ready to go, it was some holiday and everyone was there. When we removed the towel to go to the car, her skin just peeled off. I was sick, this was my baby. The hospital was great, the doctors were fantastic. She was in the hospital for 3 days and then had to go to the dr everyday for two weeks to change her dressing. Needless to say it was long time before anyone in a white coat could come near her. She also wouldn't let my grandmother touch her for years. She associated her pain with my grandma taking her t-shirt off. Today, almost 20 years later, she doesn't even have a scar, nothing, only my memories of how bad it was. And how much I know it hurt her. So Deb, I do understand the pain, please take it easy and take very good care of yourself, let your friends do what they can for you.

Hi deb,

Doing my thing right this moment! Tried to call last night line was busy all evening.

Got a lot of stuff from you.

Bonnie

Poor thing!!! I am saying a prayer for you right now and will keep you at the top of my prayer list. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Chris

Deb, i am so sorry to hear this! Our thoughts and good wishes will be with you! if ANY of us can be of help, please let us know! take care! jennifer

(((((Deb))))) Sorry to hear about this.. Hope this heals fast for you. You will be in our thoughts and prayers...

Dear Debbie,

HUGGING AND HOLDING, with Love!!! PTL!

In His Hands,

Tanya

Deb,

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. You poor thing. I will say plenty of prayers for you. I might be flying to NY tomorrow ( I have a flight on hold) my son was in an accident and has a bad concussion and a stapled up head and if I do come I'll come and visit you and help you out.

Sandy

Oh I'm so sorry this happened! I'll pray for a speedy recovery for you!

Again I'm so sorry!

Leya

Back