Different types of trees/trace attachments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottein

Reaction score
I have been watching videos on harnessing and just trying to improve myself and my understanding. I see so many different types of carts and trees and attachments. Is there like a guide to all these and how to attach them? And how exactly do I use this one? Not sure if I have been doing it right and would like to see pictures, especially as I have a new harness. I have Mindy's book, but sadly my daughter misplaced it someplace and I can't find it to check if this is in there!

Attachments

• 122626366_376194636850067_3116365302350895502_n.jpg
    122626366_376194636850067_3116365302350895502_n.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 10
Never saw one like that, it's a puzzle. I wonder if it is for a trace with chains. You'd place the chain loop over the bolt and then turn it to slid over the end of the singletree. That's just a completely wild guess. I'm going to follow this as I'm curious!

Now that I think about it, I have a harness with that has the trace slots notched (IDK if that's the correct term), one end is bigger than the other, sort of keyhole shaped. I could see those easily fitting over that.

This is called a roller bolt style single tree. You need a roller bolt style trace, which is just a simple loop on the single tree end of the traces. I think that is fine for easy driving, on flat ground or well groomed areas, but for trail driving I feel it's not a very safe situation. I know on some of the drives I do the traces would pop off the roller bolt!!

Here is a photo of the end of the trace:
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.01.42 AM.png

Thanks! That is what I thought it might be, but when I looked up pictures the roller bolts looked horizontal rather than vertical. Confusing. I really love the way the cart is balanced and it is comfortable and well sprung, and fits my guy (I mean I am a total novice, but I like it better than the one I used at my trainers). I guess my next task is to try and figure out how to replace the singletree with a better type. Sheesh, getting set up to for driving is an expensive thing to start! I bought this one off craigslist quite a few years ago when I was dreaming of driving, but having no idea what to look for.

Driving is expensive! LOL! But is so rewarding 🤗

Chimacum Tack has some single trees that might work for your cart. We even have red ones! I'm always happy to help sort things out as well.

Driving is expensive! LOL! But is so rewarding 🤗

Chimacum Tack has some single trees that might work for your cart. We even have red ones! I'm always happy to help sort things out as well.
Thanks! I cannot find them on the website, can you link me? I consigned some of my big horse tack since I don't own bigs anymore, so hopefully that sells so I can put it to the tree! Glad you are feeling better! I am recovering from Covid myself and it is such a bummer time to be sick - we gotta catch the last of the good weather for driving!

Thanks! I cannot find them on the website, can you link me? I consigned some of my big horse tack since I don't own bigs anymore, so hopefully that sells so I can put it to the tree! Glad you are feeling better! I am recovering from Covid myself and it is such a bummer time to be sick - we gotta catch the last of the good weather for driving!
They aren't on the website yet because they haven't been made :) Once the shop makes a set then I can let you know how much they will be!

Latest posts

Back