Different farm names..But same farm...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishful

Reaction score
Is it ok to change your original farm name, if you picked something you have never really been crazy over and then one day you come across a name you really like. Is it ok to change the farm name, does anybody frown on it, does it hurt the farm? What do you think?

Why keep a name you aren't thrilled with, if you found something better? I wasn't totally thrilled with our name, but I haven't found anything better. There are too many "repeats" out there, that I figured not too many people would want something as plain as Three C Farm. I know there is a Triple C, but that is the closest I have found. There is more than one Dreamweaver, more than one Flying A, more than one of many farm names, particuarly those taken from locations.

Have you even registered any foals with your farm prefix? If not, I don't see how it would be a problem at all.

Thanks Three C, No I havent registered any foals with my old farm named. I didnt like it enough
laugh.gif

I'm guessing by same farm, you might mean the same people or same horses? But new physical farm?

We did change our farm name & our prefix when we moved here years ago. Original farm was Echo Ridge Farm. Our prefix was Echo Ridge, however, that farm was on a ridge and you could actually hear an echo sometimes if the air was right. And it was a big place.

Sooooooooooo, later on when we moved to a "little wee" place (comparatively) & had exclusively "little wee" horses, ....so, Little Wee Horse Farm was born. No ridge. No echo, so the old name wouldn't have made any sense. We're in a valley between two creeks on flat land with woods surrounding our land.

I like Little Wee Horse Farm, tho there were plenty of other names I had in mind. Mostly tho, they were something referring to the location, like Echo Ridge did. I learned my lesson & didn't name it by that again. So, here we are..........on a Little Wee Horse Farm. Even if we move someday, we'd still have little wee horses.
yes.gif
And keep the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had our farm name for over 25 years and last year we decided to change it because ours ends in the word acres from living on an acreage and we now live on the farm. So we combined the 2 with blank blank acres on the top and blank blank farm on the bottom of the logo. Works for us and people still know who we are and all new foals will have the new farm name instead of the old one.

We changed our farm name a few years into this, only had a few foals registered with the old name so I don't think it did us any harm. I happened onto Wild Oak and liked it, although now it seems every other farm is something "oak".

I think the main thing to keep in mind, esp if you are widely known by the old name, is to be sure you include it too on your advertising etc for awhile.

Jan

Latest posts

Back