Diet isn't working, mare getting bigger...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the first pic, she looks to have a baby laying on one side(my opinion!!!!)
default_biggrin.png
I'll think good thoughts for you, FILLY FILLY

WOW!
default_new_shocked.gif
I also have been silently watching this mare in your thread and I also thought from your first post that she looks preggers and was shocked when you came back with the ultrasound results later that said not in- foal.

I still think your mare is in-foal! I agree with Mini v, Marty & the others treat her like she is Preggers and my guess is like Mini V said 6 weeks or so!
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif
Those current pictures really show the starting of the "V" shape and the lopsided look she has.
default_biggrin.png

Oh, and I also have a mare that looks like she would foal anyday now even with a "V" ish look for at least 2 months before she foals and she always looks like she is in foal even if she is not. She was a maiden until she was 6 years old and she always has a belly on her since she is well "sprung" in the ribs (especially now).
default_wink.png
She is now in foal with her 3rd foal and is due in August and her look is VERY similar to your mare so even your mare goes longer than 6 weeks don't worry. I bet money your mare is in- foal.
default_wink.png

Good Luck & let us know how she progresses.

Jeri

Last edited by a moderator:
Joyce, I hate to say this but pm me who the vets were and I can probably tell you if they know what they are doing ultrasounding. I worked for Rolling Ridge for years and I know pretty much all the vets in this area and who is on the ball in ultrasounding. I think your girl is pregnant and I know several vets in this area that have been proven wrong time and again and not just with minis! If you want me to come up and look I live in Stratham and you are not that far. Linda

I would say...YEP PREGGERS!! I have seen mares with NO bag at all, foal and then get their bag. I also would say about 4-6 weeks. She looks droppped to me. Get ready for some sleepless nights!!!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
I am sure someone asked this, but are you sure on her bred dates...

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to these things but to me she looks ready to pop pretty soon!
default_laugh.png

Joyce, I hate to say this but pm me who the vets were and I can probably tell you if they know what they are doing ultrasounding. I worked for Rolling Ridge for years and I know pretty much all the vets in this area and who is on the ball in ultrasounding. I think your girl is pregnant and I know several vets in this area that have been proven wrong time and again and not just with minis! If you want me to come up and look I live in Stratham and you are not that far. Linda

That is so nice of you to offer her!!
default_yes.gif

Wow, all I can say is this is crazy! I guess I'll go with the majority for now and assume she is in foal. Thank you everybody for your replys and I thank God for this place for everything I learn here everyday!

Miniv-I've always wondered what that roll might be! Now I have a name and I will do some research on it, thank you!

Lotsofspots, your mare looks in foal to me! She is beautiful and I love Appys! I hope to have one someday. Keep us informed, ok???

Thanks, and I will PM you!
default_smile.png

Rockin r, I bought her in January and the former owner told me she bred her the whole last week of October. All I know is what she told me. I'm sure anything could happen though!

Thank you everybody!!! You are all awesome! If she is indeed in foal, this will be my first baby ever!!!!! I'm actually afraid to get myself to excited, YET!! I will post as soon as I get anymore news!

Joyce

I agree, she looks VERY pregnant! Make sure you do a LOT of reading of what to expect, what is normal, what isn't, what to do if you need to help the mare foal, ect! Very exciting and very stressful at the same time
default_smile.png

I myself have a mare I wonder if she is pregnant, and will be posting a thread on her!

Jessi

Thanks Jessi!

I am obsessed with learning all I can about this. I've been on marestare for a few years now and I've learned so much there. And this place is just awesome!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing your thread!!

LOVE marestare
default_smile.png
Had my girls on there! Casi (who went 368 days!), Cocoa, and Ruby. My cam is no longer on, but I still join in on the threads and watch mares (and dogs!) ;)

Jessi

I'm willing to bet too that she's pregnant.
default_yes.gif
Keep us posted... I wouldn't think you'd have very much longer to go though...

default_yes.gif
I would also say yes, she looks pregnant, and I agree, she looks nearer to foaling than 7 months along too!

I will be watching to see your new foal, luv2ridesaddleseat, as she really does look like she will foal within 4-6 weeks. I will also let everyone know if I end up with a foal. It may be a little wishful thinking on my part because I lost two this year
default_no.gif

I did get a very nice email back from Susan at Wee Foal and she thinks that from the photo I sent of the test result that my mare is negative. HOWEVER, she also said that if she is in foal at 300+ days (which she very well could be), the test would not be able to give direct answers due to the "trigger" hormone drops at day 300 of gestation and any test result can be pregnant, negative or inconclusive.

So....I wait....

Barbara

Edited to add: For those that may be interested, I have posted pictures of my mare at various stages of her last pregnancy (including udder photos) on her page on my website atJTR Dinah Royal

Latest posts

Back