Diego's Day Out or

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Here is Diego

DiegoJan202007.jpg

So I started my day gathering up all the baling twine, old feed bags, dog food bags, and garbage in general that had been collecting up. "Not as easy as it sounds". Okay so then I got all of this ready to load in the truck and haul to the local dump transfer site.

Then I decided this was a great opportunity for me to spend quality time alone with Diego. He could go with me today, just the two of us. So I loaded what was from the house garage area, then asked Diego to hop up in the truck. He was more than happy to hop in and took his place in the passengers seat, ready for an adventure no matter what it was or where we were going. Pulled the truck out back and loaded everything from the horsie location that needed to go. Diego sat patiently in his seat, watching me do all the work still happy to be on an adventure with mom. Just the two of us.

Well I hopped up in the truck and down the road we went. He was happy watching the people walking and the rest of the cars on the road. Once in awhile giving me a good wet one up the side of my face just to say thanks. So to be honery I let him know I was hauling him to the dump. However, It didn't seem to phase him like he knew that wouldn't happen.

So we get to the dump and once again he sets patiently in the truck all comfy while I do all the work. Throwing all those bags out of the back of my truck was work. Then I hop back up in the truck and decide there is no way I can leave him behind at the dump, At his pudgy weight I wouldn't be able to afford that bill. "Just Kidding.!" So we pull up to the window to be weighed and pay the bill. This is where it isn't really fair anymore. I write a check to pay the bill, "Diego gets a dog bone." What's up with that? I'm the one writing the check! Maybe a free ice cream bar would be a nice treat. But no!

So we head on down the highway going home. Then I get this great idea. Don't pass Dairy Queen by, stop and stock up on great treats like Dilly Bars. OMG can you believe it, while I'm setting there waiting for my order Diego gets another and this time larger Dog Bone. What is happening in this world.

So needless to say he will be ready to go to the dump at the drop of a hat next time.

Truth be told, he was just happy to have mom all to himself if only for that hour it took us to do this. Those dog bones. They were just the icing on the cake afterall.

I love places that have treats for dogs! When my son was in Middle School, the principal would be outside each morning to greet the kids and give out dog treats. My dogs loved taking him to school.

what a sweetie!

the drive-up window at my bank keeps a box of milk bones handy. i put my money in the little drawer and it gets swallowed up, MY money. not simon's money. not maggie's money. MY money. so, where's my tootsie roll???
default_new_shocked.gif

Yvonne, I notice you have Golden Retreivers. Diego is half Golden and half Rottweiler. Can you see the Golden in him. I figure if the Rott goes after someone they just need to throw the ball. Instant mind change for him.

default_biggrin.png
Diego looks like a real sweetie, if I met him I would give him a doggie treat too
default_wub.png

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back