Did Saturday Night Live go too far?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG PEOPLE!!! How could any one find humor in what was shown on SNL.??? This is whats wrong with this world,Todd and Sarah Palin did not ask for any of this. Why would any one think this stuff up??? I fear for this county and this world for our children if stuff like this filth is thought as humorous.
default_no.gif

I do not have nor do I WANT the moral authority to tell people what they can or cannot laugh about.
Of course not. Anyone can laugh at anything they wish to find amusing.
However, one must also realize that when you laugh at certain things (jokes about incest are a prime example)...you risk having people look at you with disgust...for some will find your amusement as disgusting as the "joke" you just laughed at. That's just how things (and people) are.

Lowriseminis - have you read any of the post in this thread?

Also, remember this effects Todd and Sarah Palins Children

OMG PEOPLE!!! How could any one find humor in what was shown on SNL.??? This is whats wrong with this world,Todd and Sarah Palin did not ask for any of this. Why would any one think this stuff up??? I fear for this county and this world for our children if stuff like this filth is thought as humorous.
default_no.gif
AMEN

Sure have, and I stand by my opinion. I don't have to approve what they say, but I do believe they have a right to say it.

In the same vein, how do you think Obama's children react to their daddy being called a racist, or an extremist Muslim?

Sure have, and I stand by my opinion. I don't have to approve what they say, but I do believe they have a right to say it.

In the same vein, how do you think Obama's children react to their daddy being called a racist, or an extremist Muslim?

Not even close to the same thing!

I should add - I don't believe in name calling either - but, I think that making fun of " incest" - well, I don't have to go into the details I don't think - but, the incest statement I think would hurt much more.

Last edited:
You're right, they aren't. On the one hand we have lies about Obama who are told over and over again by people who truly buy into them and continue to insist they are truth.

On the other hand, we have a comment slipped into a comedy sketch that was never meant to be taken seriously by anyone.

Absolutely no comparison there.

default_no.gif

Well, then the above quote bears REPEATING AGAIN!

I fear for our children because of their lack of healthcare, because of our floundering schools and economy, not because there's stupid smut like that on TV. If incest jokes are anyone's biggest fear for this nation's children...

The 1st Amendment is a two-way street. The same law that allows you to express your outrage allows SNL to make these kinds of jokes. Using that right and expressing MY opinion, saying that they can't or shouldn't be allowed to make those jokes goes against our fundamental rights as Americans.

Well there is something humerous about where this subject has gone. It's funny that the Obama supporters seem to see nothing wrong with it.
default_wacko.png

This bears repeating again and again. I agree with it completely. That was my point in starting this thread. It's a sick world indeed when people just go along with anything and then attempt to justify it by saying "that's what they do" or "if you can't stand the heat....".
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

I refuse to apologize for defending the writer's First Amendment rights. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty into the Constitution.

The way I see it, is it was done by SNL for money and for ratings...a pretty sad excuse.

Just sit back a moment and think about how you would feel if you were Piper's age and someone told you this was said on TV about your sister and your father.

Plain and simple...it is wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other hand, we have a comment slipped into a comedy sketch that was never meant to be taken seriously by anyone.
Is this how you look at it if you are in your place of work and a co-worker makes some really nasty joke at YOUR expense? Do you buy the excuse then when that co-worker says to you "oh, I was just joking and it was never meant to be taken seriously by anyone"? Or do you make those sort of 'jokes' and then use that excuse to defend yourself?
Just curious.

I don't think anyone is saying that it's not anyones 'Constitutional right' to say what they want, this is about hurting others and being disrespectful, yes, that is their 'right' but just because you can say anything you want is it always wise to do so? I think not. It's about using the brain in your head and deciding if saying something is worth a laugh from a few? Yup, absolutley your right to say whatever you want but when you do so and others get offended and are sickened please remember it goes both ways and people have the 'right' to think you are a jack a-s-s.

I can't laugh at anything that has to do with incest. I would find it tasteless no matter who it was over.

Okay I am gonna say a "no comment" but I think it was just for fun and it was just ment too be totally stupid IMO

Well there is something humerous about where this subject has gone. It's funny that the Obama supporters seem to see nothing wrong with it.
default_wacko.png

This bears repeating again and again. I agree with it completely. That was my point in starting this thread. It's a sick world indeed when people just go along with anything and then attempt to justify it by saying "that's what they do" or "if you can't stand the heat....".
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
Let's not judge who finds what offensive by what candidate we support...I didn't watch the whole clip, I had no desire to do so. No, I don't find the topic of incest, ESPECIALLY when the older kids are SURE to hear about it, funny. I'm sure the skit was funny, but no amount of comedic relief would have made the subject sit OK with me.

Not exceptable- period in my book. it is mean and hurtful to do a skit like that, I dont care who it is about.

It is a sad world we live in that such meaness is exceptable as everyone is so free to say or do whatever they want!!

As a considerate human being there are just some places you DONT go!

I am happy to see so many LB Members that thing this is just wrong!

Like a lot of others have said - I don't care who they are talking about I would still feel the same way.

Back