Did everyone get to read the President's Corner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
Dear Members,Where do I start this letter? A few years ago, I wrote about how people have taken the Internet and turned it into a cruel, misinformed, modern-day tabloid.

I do not know how people without the facts can go on chat rooms making statements that they believe are true. My mother taught me when I was little that saying “I’m sorry” will never make up for the hurt caused by a vicious tongue. Before you make a negative remark, ask yourself... Is it true? What hurt will this cause someone? And how would I feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

I have attended sales, meetings and conventions. Later when I heard about these on the Internet, it got me thinking this was not the sale, meeting or convention I had attended because the info presented online was far different from what actually occurred.

Let’s move on to another problem we, as members,need to work on. Are we, as members, working to help the ASPC/AMHR or are we only worried about ourselves? The members of our association today have never faced the problems we do in today’s economy. If we work together, we can overcome anything, but if we only think of ourselves, we will truly fall. The time has come for us to put away our personal agendas and work for the betterment of the ASPC/AMHR.

Remember our boys and girls around the world who are making it possible for us to live in a free world as we do.

Larry Parnell

Has anyone seen what the President wrote in the Journal? What are your thoughts or opinions?

Here is the link to the Journal for your convenience.

Journal Link

I so totally agree with Larry! But in a free world, people will say what they want. Now they have the anomonimity of a computer screen between them and the person they are talking about. Tattle tales and gossips can now speak freely without seeing the hurt or pain in someone's eyes.

We as a whole - myself included! - need to relearn the rules of decency and respect.

I have not received my journel as of yet either. How long have you all had yours? There are mean people in this world who just do not care who they hurt. It is a sad thing. This is one of the main reasons I just keep to myself for the most part. Have been hurt way too many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
ConnieP no one has their Journal yet - this is the Journal which is now posted online.

Well, I know I will be unpopular here, but it can't be worse than it already is.

My first "gut" reaction to the read was that he was quite good at shifting us from real problems to "heart-throb" problems, and although he had a perfect place to do it, he didn't really address any of the member concerns.

And the one about our soldiers? Well, my daughter is a Major in the US Army (a front line surgeon), and just recently returned from her 1st Afghanistan tour. Yes, I am very proud of her, and she saved several of our boy's lives, but I know how to separate the "freedom" picture from the everyday problems of the registry.

JMHO - flame suit on!
I agree. And one of the rights that your daughter is fighting for is our right to voice our opinions and ask questions, as well as the President's right to voice his. I do agree with him that we need to be more careful about saying things that are hurtful. But I also agree with another post concerning this (now removed from lilbegginings and posted elsewhere)that the BOD needs to set the example in how they post and in how they respond to people. A little less emotion and a little more thought are in order at times.

I also agree in principle about posting speculation and half truth, but as has already been said:

OhHorsePee said:
If there was open and timely communication and trust between BOD, Office, and Membership, there would be no need for speculation. When my "representatives" will not extend the simple courtesy of answering emails, I need somewhere to turn with my questions.... Let the BOD behave to a higher standard and the membership will follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back