Did everyone get to read the President's Corner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
Dear Members,Where do I start this letter? A few years ago, I wrote about how people have taken the Internet and turned it into a cruel, misinformed, modern-day tabloid.

And some of the worst offenders are on the BOD. If there was open and timely communication and trust between BOD, Office, and Membership, there would be no need for speculation. When my "representatives" will not extend the simple courtesy of answering emails, I need somewhere to turn with my questions.

I do not know how people without the facts can go on chat rooms making statements that they believe are true. My mother taught me when I was little that saying “I’m sorry” will never make up for the hurt caused by a vicious tongue. Before you make a negative remark, ask yourself... Is it true? What hurt will this cause someone? And how would I feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

Again, some of the worst offenders are on the BOD. They are some of the rudest /nastiest posters on either forum.

I have attended sales, meetings and conventions. Later when I heard about these on the Internet, it got me thinking this was not the sale, meeting or convention I had attended because the info presented online was far different from what actually occurred.

That would happen even if the internet didn't exist. People would still talk.

Let’s move on to another problem we, as members,need to work on. Are we, as members, working to help the ASPC/AMHR or are we only worried about ourselves? The members of our association today have never faced the problems we do in today’s economy. If we work together, we can overcome anything, but if we only think of ourselves, we will truly fall. The time has come for us to put away our personal agendas and work for the betterment of the ASPC/AMHR.

Hum... would moving both AMHR and ASPC Nationals to Larry's back yard fall into the category of only thinking about himself?

Remember our boys and girls around the world who are making it possible for us to live in a free world as we do.

Larry Parnell
I, for one, am very greatful that these forums exist or the membership would not know what is going on.

If changing the height so it disqualifies others horses how is that for all?

When you have selfishness coming out of the BOD how do you expect membership to behave? Let the BOD behave to a higher standard and the membership will follow. Communicate with us instead of hiding things or trying to squeak them through. Answer peoples questions on a non selective basis. Make the BOD, no matter if trainer or not, adhere to the same rules as we members are to adhere to. The whole thing is to communicate properly in a timely manner to we members and treat us as you would be treated. Let there be committees with the all the committee members have a voice and are informed. We are all paying members! Without our dues there would not be a registry.

Fran.. are those your comments in the red?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to assume you've received your Journal Fran, since you can't read The President's Corner online. Or at least I can't.

Second, I'm going to disagree with your views.

And some of the worst offenders are on the BOD. If there was open and timely communication and trust between BOD, Office, and Membership, there would be no need for speculation. When my "representatives" will not extend the simple courtesy of answering emails, I need somewhere to turn with my questions.

I'm sorry your Area Directors do not return your emails. Mine does. At any time that I need to speak with Belinda OR Larry, both have been available to listen and talk. In fact, I've spoken with Belinda regarding 2 seperate issues in the last week at least 3 times.

Again, some of the worst offenders are on the BOD. They are some of the rudest /nastiest posters on either forum.

Really? I'm sure Lewella and Belinda would take great offense to that as they are the two directors who comment most frequently regarding topics. I have not found either of them to be rude or nasty. They may disagree with each other and members of the general membership but I have found their posts to be informative. And I appreciate they are willing to put themselves out here to be flamed upon to answer our questions in public.

That would happen even if the internet didn't exist. People would still talk.

This I actually agree with. Those with nothing better to do talk about others behind their back. This spring I got two phone calls from people who had heard rumors that I was written up for beating my stallion. 1 of those individuals was at the show where this incident supposedly occured stalled just down the row from me. The other was a judge and a friend who defended me and said that I wouldn't have done such a thing. It never made the internet but it spread like wild fire through cell phones. It never happened and while it did cause me great distress to hear this rumor about me, it was a little funny that people were talking about me behind my back. Obviously, if you are worth talking about you are doing something right in the arena.

Hum... would moving both AMHR and ASPC Nationals to Larry's back yard fall into the category of only thinking about himself?

Seriously? Larry did not move our National shows into his back yard for himself. Larry didn't even do it. Our board did it. WHY? AMHR Nationals had out grown its previous facility and from what I had heard about it, was a dirty messy facility that flooded when it rained. Tulsa is a NATIONAL LEVEL horse show facility. SEVERAL breed associations hold their national/world show. It's top notch. Congress has been out growing its facility for years. That on top of facilities being expensive and DIRTY for what we get, our BOD looked for a new home. They have found a facility and CITY that want us there and will hope to keep us there. It just so happens to also be in OK. They gave us the best deal at the time. Perhaps another facility for 2011 will step up and give us an even better deal.

Lisa, normally this is a typical way people address each item in context.

Fortunately those men and women fighting overseas are fighting for all of ours right for freedom of speech.

Carin, I can read it online.

MY directors answer emails! But MY directors are not over every committee.

When I go to read it, it says content available in printed publication.

You know, when I really want an answer, I pick up the phone and call.

Are you using this link? My link

Oh and Lewella answers very respectfully to anyone's questions on the forum.

Wow great effort to stir the pot-
default_nono.gif

default_poke.gif

I am not going to play in this sandbox today I am instead going to go out and promote our registry for a couple hours so I intend to make it a productive positive day.

Hope the majority of you choose to do the same

Wow great effort to stir the pot-
default_nono.gif

default_poke.gif

Frankly.. it is getting old- tiresome and quite boring-

default_jerry.gif
Not stirring the pot Lisa! These are views to an organization that I pay fees to. Pay fees, pay extra for double registered horses/ponies have paid handsomely to show in. Yes, I am allowed to have a view as everyone else.

Back