Did anyone go to the show at Lenny's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone went to the show at Lenny's (ILL) over the 4th?

I thought with such great prices that many would go, but I haven't seen an update.

How did you all do?

Number of horses?

I thought I saw where some were going to watch as well.

Well?

I was there Friday, Had a good time though I must admit I didn't pay attention to how many horses were there. Way too busy yakking with folks I only see at the shows! Was sad to see they were not giving ribbons esp when my filly took a reserve:(. Seemed a good turnout of minis though most shetland classes had only one or no entries.

Great lunch with the BEST strawberry rhubarb pie!

Michigan shows are down on Shetlands too. The first show had O N E pony. One Classic only.

2nd had a few more, but I don't think many if any had more than 2. Most classic classes were empty. A few moderns. Unfortunately those showing minis usually had to wait for the pony classes. One time we had to wait over half an hour for one pony guy, and then he finally said he was ready, but needed 10 minutes to warm up. Mini folks were pretty upset. OK - 40 minutes for one guy to show one pony. The first class of the day was a mini class, and we got a 2 minute gate call that was ENFORCED!!

Ruffian - that doesn't sound right. Why wasn't the pony guy ready - I would wonder about that. At our shows we get a 2 minute gate call and it is enforced regardless, with the exception of the youth classes - sometimes a family may have more than one youth in a class and it takes them time to get all horses into the arena.

Anyways my point - did he just get there, was he taken by surprise, etc.???? The reverse can be said of minis - I had one pony class on a Saturday. I had to pull in on Friday night because I was told the class should run around 11:30 am. I got up, got my pony ready, had her tied, etc. The class didn't run until 4:00 pm.

And then my other ponies did not show until Sunday - after the minis. Again we were told around 11:30 am and we would be in the ring. I had 4 to get ready to show. I got up really early. Got everyone ready by 11:00 - and then waited until almost 2 pm before we got in the ring.

So I am not a big fan of how this show was set up - and I am not a fan of having to pull in a day early for one pony class - ONE! And having to wait.

Okay - so I hope there was a good reason for his tardiness. But really most of us are ready when we are supposed to be. I could say darn minis for taking so much time - but mini exhibitors are just as serious about their minis as we are about our ponies.

Please please let's keep the shows with pony classes in them! But let's just use a little common sense about setting up shows so it flows better and there aren't any holes and people are informed and and.

WHEW - okay - Yes I have my flame retardant suit on!
default_yes.gif

Oh and why didn't Lenny hand out ribbons? I know for a show over 350 classes offered, its like $3500 or more for ribbons. Could that be a reason, the cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with Lennie and he asked me to post this. He said there were quite a few ponies

Hi

Most people never go to an 8 judge weekend with over 300 classes each day.....

YES we had ribbons on the ribbon table...

we announced the ribbon table numerous times thru-out the days....

It is not unusual for Bertrand's to have a ribbon table....

Also all exhibitors were told that they will get a print out of the complete 8 judge shows,,,it will tell them their places....

remember 8 judges and up to 8 sets of points...lots of area 2 people...

REMEMBER points go back to your area where you live...

not a big show..but 70 plus head each day

some people did not stay all the days...

one person with 8 horses/ponies came only on Sunday....

Many horses went into the Hall of Fame at this weekend event...

The auction on Saturday was very good

2008 babies sold from $400 to $1200 dollars...

Watch for many new owners and

their "NEW" Bertrand futurity babies at the nationals....

IF you missed this bargain of a show...Sorry about that.....many horses/ponies will win their All-Star awards because they were here....

Next year 2009 show dates will be posted very soon....

Thanks Everyone

Lennie Bertrand

Bertrand's Horse Ranch

REMEMBER A BERTRAND HORSE IS ALWAYS A WINNER...

SOMETIMES IN THE SHOW RING AND

THEY WILL ALWAYS WIN YOUR HEART

We went over the 4th, just drove up for that one day and returned home the same day. The show went well, stayed on time and they did put on a really nice lunch. I didn't see the ribbon table, I just assumed that at the prices he was charging that he cut out the ribbons (made sence to me).

There seemed to be a nice number of horses there.

We had a nice time and enjoyed seeing everyone that was there.
default_saludando.gif

Ahh that makes sense, a ribbon table. And if they are running the show that tightly - then I could see where someone could get caught off guard.

Lennie has been doing shows for ages!

We went for Sunday only. We had planned on being there for all 3 shows however; one of our children suffered a serious accident earlier in the week. I just can't say enough good things about Lennie! He was very understanding and helpful, offered prayers for our son, greeted us as we rolled in after 10:00 P.M., helped me park my trailer and made sure that we were all unloaded and situated. Our children has a GREAT time and felt like they had quite a bit of individual attention - from Lennie and the judges. (not always the case) They really made the show very nice for the kids, particularly for our very young children. We showed, had a great lunch, packed up, and with better directions from Lennie, made the trip home without incident. All in all a very relaxing, good time and a good number of horses. We will be there next year!

Latest posts

Back