Dick Francis has died

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
One of my favorite authors.
default_bye-sad.gif

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/feb/1...es-horse-novels

Oh no!

I think I have and have read every book he's ever written....

Can't imagine never reading one of his novels again.

Wonder if his son will continue some of the writing?

I understood he helped after Mary, Dick Francis' wife passed.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dick Francis several years ago when he was in Canada to judge a class at the Royal Winter Fair. He autographed a book for me and was so charming. I have all of his books and I have read several of them many times.

Yvonne

Oh no, what a loss. I too have read everything he has written, most of them more than once. He was a class act, and wrote books that reflected that. Hope his son continues to write.

Jan

I have been a fan of his forever. I think I've read all his books. What I feel made them so good was the fact his books were so real, because he had been there, done that. Not much literary license in his books!

Oh, how sad! I too have read each of his books and he is most definitely my favourite author. It became a Christmas tradition that my father and stepmother would give me his newest novel every year. My daughter has just started reading his books now and also enjoys them very much. What a tremendous loss to the literary world, and I do hope his son will continue writing.

l started my one daughter on reading his work when she was a young teen because he didn't have any of that smutty stuff in his work and it revolved around horses so at least l knew she got her reading time in. There was only one book he wrote l couldn't stand and it involved the stallion who was tortured with the sound of fire from a blow torch...gee l hated that one and it stayed in my mind forever after l was done with it.

Back