Diana is getting close

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
Diana seems to be getting close. We expect her to foal before the end of the week. She has lost two foals in the past because they didn't get out of the sack so she has to be attended. So please call if you see her foaling!

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Streaming video:

www.marestare.com/bitoblue.php

207-377-3514 is my home

207-377-4546 is my second line

207-441-9410 is my cell

From this morning:

diana0518.jpg

Added: I took a picture of her bag this morning but none of them came out. I have my tight pants on this morning and bending down and over for that long just about made me pass out!!! LOL

And the little black and white thing in the paddock with her is a young goat named Nat.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I am watching!!!
default_laugh.png

I'll be watching too. Heck, I don't live that far away!

I love the goat!

Dianna was just biting her side. Can't wait to see her baby!!! I hope she goes in the next couple of days. What a long worry this has been.

Hey, how about I'll watch yours if you watch mine? It doesn't take that much extra time to check another cam, so I might as well add yours and check it when I check our mare. Our cam is at http://www.marestare.com/ontarget.php. The mare is Sox, getting close - I am guessing a week or more, but this will be our very first mini foal so we don't want to take any chances! (her 5th, thank goodness).

My phone number is (860) 370-9035. I am home all the time; I can see Sox now from my computer, as she is out on pasture during the day.

Works for me!! lol

I have to use my phone/pocket pc to watch Diana during the day but I'll be glad to watch yours at night!

TargetsMom, I will watch your mare also! Sox is so beautiful!

Thanks! I didn't realize how easy it was to watch 2 mares at the same time. I think we are really onto something! On the computer that is next to the bed, I have both mares on the screen at the same time, Diana on the left, Sox on the right. It is really cool to see how different they behave during the night. Well, OK, it would be even better if they foaled and we didn't have to watch them all night!!

How do you get them both on? my puter closes one when I switch. Do you open windows twice?

You just have to open Internet Explorer a second time (or whatever you use to access the internet) in a separate window. Then open the other web cam by going to the website directly or from www.marestare.com. I didn't realize that the size of the marestare screen makes it easy to just move them so they are side by side! I guess you could watch even more, but 2 will fit on my screen very nicely!

I figured that was how you did it, or else it just closes the other. Thanks, I will be watchin!
default_yes.gif

Diana's bag is hard as a rock this afternoon.

She had a fit late this morning and I thought I'd have to make a flying trip home. But called my husband to look at her and she was being kicked by the baby.

Well, then she did a multiple roll.

My heart was racing and I got all hyper. Quietly of course. Felt like I was going to jump out of my skin.

But then she got boring again.

Her milk is testing at 8.4 this afternoon.

Diana's bag is hard as a rock this afternoon.

She had a fit late this morning and I thought I'd have to make a flying trip home. But called my husband to look at her and she was being kicked by the baby.

Well, then she did a multiple roll.

My heart was racing and I got all hyper. Quietly of course. Felt like I was going to jump out of my skin.

But then she got boring again.

Her milk is testing at 8.4 this afternoon.

I was on when she did that, it was odd! I was thinking omgosh! But no.

She is going to pace a trench by that fence, she sure is restless...

Yes, she is pacing because she wants her supper. I like to keep her out until 6. Pacing at the fence gate, in her case, does not mean labor discomfort.

Now if she paces in her stall, that's another thing. Cuz when she wants breakfast she stares at the door and then circles the stall searching for tidbits she might have missed on the floor the night before.

She is extremely uncomfortable today. Not sure if that means the foal is getting into position or if the foal is overly active.

I really do think she is within a week of foaling. So we put the straw in the stall tonight.

Glad to hear about the straw - I did the same thing tonight! We seem to be on the same wavelength anyway. Sox' s milk is getting sticky, bag is full, but I still think she might go a few more days. Or not....

I see you might also be going to the Maple E Show on Saturday. Can we get our respective horse-sitters to continue watching both mares? Assuming neither has foaled. It would be great to meet you!!

Diana is still kicking her belly a lot. Both with front legs and back legs. I actually have never seen a horse tuck in their front legs like that lol!

I have dibs on my 19 year old daughter, Sarah, to watch my horses!

Hi Tracy, I just checked in and saw your testing her. What were the results?

Ok! Is this mare ever going to foal?!
default_biggrin.png

C'mon Diana!

Latest posts

Back