diagram of my barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannigirl

Reaction score
Here is a quick diagram of my barn. It is only about 50 feet from my house and works well for excercising and allowing some free time in bad weather. I do have wire gates at most intersections to help get an unruly one where I want it and to keep the stallions out of mare aisles and vice versa. Makes for a quieter barn.
aktion033.gif

barnsetup.jpg

Is this really your barn or a shopping mall?

It looks HUGE!

What are your dimensions?

No kidding Marty! I was thinking, this is cool. I need a barn with about 6-8 stalls, but this is like a dream barn...as long as I would have horses enough to fill it.

Very nice!!!

the little square represent 2 foot each. The original barn is 26' X 76' with a full length 16' lean-to on each side. Remember--when you fill that many stalls, you have to clean that many stalls--and fill water buckets and clean water buckets and fix feed pans and fix broken stall doors ect, ect, ect--I am making myself tired just thinking about it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The concrete clean up area is in the front of the barn and has an outside door that I forgot to mark on there. We use three way bungee tie ups for the horses there and have them all around the area--I think about 8 or 10 spots, but seldom use more than 5 cause they pick on each other unless I stand right there. I like it cause I can give baths and tie them out of the sun while they dry and I comb tail and manes and clean hooves and other stuff getting ready for a show. I have a concrete spot just out front where I tie them for baths and to tie an extra one when the inside gets a little crowded. It is on the East side, so it is also shaded most of the afternoon.

Also, remember we started with the first 9 stalls and then added the 14 on the south (left) and since that wasn't enough we had to add the other 14. Now we are talking about making stalls in another barn. It just never ends
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Ggrrrrrreat! Just be aware that an exercise pen in the middle of stalls will bring up LOTS of dust and the added 'fun' of a horse trying far to hard to not pay attention to you, but whomever is whinnying at them
rolleyes.gif
BTDT and never will again LOL

Pepipony said:
Looks Ggrrrrrreat!  Just be aware that an exercise pen in the middle of stalls will bring up LOTS of dust and the added 'fun' of a horse trying far to hard to not pay attention to you, but whomever is whinnying at them 
rolleyes.gif
    BTDT and never will again LOL
429397[/snapback]

I water it down regularly to keep the dust down and I haven't had much trouble with attention--maybe because the stalls next to the round pen are the last to be filled cause they are at the far end of the barn.

midnight star stables said:
new_shocked.gif

wub.gif
wow your soo lucky!! i want it!! could i come live with you!!
rolleyes.gif
really nice
yes.gif

429418[/snapback]

You could come on over, but be aware that my barn is much nicer than my house--you might just rather stay in it since my house is small.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

You could come on over, but be aware that my barn is much nicer than my house--you might just rather stay in it since my house is small

Spoken like a true horse person.
cheers.gif

How about some pictures?

Marty said:
You could come on over, but be aware that my barn is much nicer than my house--you might just rather stay in it since my house is small

Spoken like a true horse person. 
cheers.gif

How about some pictures?

429461[/snapback]

I will try to get pictures tomorrow, but it is nothing fancy--just useful.

I like the set up, but of course you lost me on the stall sizes?

Each little box is 2', so some stalls are 4 x 6, or 2, x 8'?

Beth

WOW--you must be very good at utilizing all spaces! My barn is 38x90, and I dont have anywhere near the stalls you do have -nor do I have a exercise area in the barn! We have aon one side..8 mini stalls, which are 6x8, plus 2 mini stalls which are 12x8, a middle aisle which is about 10' and runs the length of the barn, on the opposite side we have 5 large stalls, which run almost the length of the barn, with the exception being a small area where we have our water system, and the hoses, etc. in the front of the small stalls we have anothe raised aisle which is about 4 ', and that goes to a access door to the pasture. We do have a large double door in the front of the barn. I can use the middle aisle as a play/exercise area in winter. We also have a barn cleaner which runs around the complete stall area, and takes up about 18" of floor space. You did a excellent job of your barn layout for the amount of space! ...and I still cant begin to visualize my barn with all those stalls in and still have that much space area for excercizing area. GOOD JOB. Corinne

mizbeth said:
I like the set up, but of course you  lost me on the stall sizes?
Each little box is 2', so some stalls are 4 x 6, or 2, x 8'?

Beth

429737[/snapback]

The smallest are 6 X 8 (3 boxes X 4 boxes) some are 7 X 8 (3 1/2 boxes X 4 boxes)

The stalls are marked with and S other spaces are aisleways--they are 4 ft wide in most cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
when are you starting to build it ? I am looking for ideas, as I need a new set up for my new house. Your plan looks absoultely brill !! Can we have a goosie at your finished look, what materials etc are you going to use ?

How much will bed and breakfast be ?

I would be slightly concerned I would need to buy more horses ... sure way to divorce !

x

Latest posts

Back