DIAGNOSIS!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intexas2stay

Reaction score
Well, a couple of months ago my new hematologist re tested me for blood disorders. Apparently when I was first tested couple years ago, the bloodthinner I was on caused a false diagnosis of Pro. S Def. Since I was off of the bloodthinner when he re tested me, we got an accurate ( I hope) diagnosis.

This morning he told me I have Lupus Antiboties in my blood, causing the clots and the skin problems, miscarriage so on and so forth.

He told me I wont develop full blown Lupus, I dont have to worry about having passed something down to my kids, and that we will just monitor my blood and treat symptomatically.

I go back in 2 weeks, and if my sores havent healed he will send me to a rhuemetologist (sp?)

Thanks for all of the prayers!!!!!

Wow, at least now you know what the problem is. Let's hope that things start settling down for you. Good luck!

This sounds like the lupus anticoagulant. MOST patients with the anticoagulants dont necessarily develope the actual lupus erthematosus (joint pain, skin problems and other complications) There are over 100 different antibodies related with lupus. They can be found in the blood months or years prior to an attack on the system. People with lupus e though are more likely to develope this anticoagulant. And yes, I also see that this condition makes folks prone to clots or excess bleeding, and also miscarraiges. So do you take anticoagulants already?

So sorry to hear you are having health issues of this sort and hope you get to feeling better soon!

Yes I am on bloodthinners regularly, have been for 2 years. My best friend in Colorado is a Dr. with firsthand personal experience with Lupus. He is going to help me all he can on this. He had named Lupus before I got the blood results, so he must know alot. He is going to fill me in on what I need to know, and answer questions that the Doc today didnt. He really wants me in Co so he can be my doctor, but that wont happen anytime soon.

I have a form of Lupus. Not all forms are severe so don't get too scared, yours may be mild. I have a form that affects my joints and muscles, making me weak. I get pain too but take steroids to help with that.

Anyway, don't give up, I was getting better adn going into remission until the stress of my husband having a heart attack three months ago sent me reeling backwards. But, i did it once and I am determined to get back to that point.

If I can answer any questions just let me know.

I am so sorry to hear about all your problems. Sounds like you have a good friend in the medical profession that can at least give you advice! Also minimama sounds like she could help out too.

I know a couple of people with it- one extremely severe- the worst case they had ever seen and she was not supposed to live to see 18, but she is an extreme case. My other friend is doing well, and even got married and had a baby last year!!!! She is doing ok!

Back